NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   NEW SYMPTOM, is it the MS or something else? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/111957-symptom-ms-else.html)

justdeb 01-08-2010 12:16 PM

NEW SYMPTOM, is it the MS or something else?

Hey guys, I have a new symptom of late. Probably 4months or so on and off. (have RRMS by the way) Since it came and went I was not very worried as that is the nature of this disease with me. Comes and goes. Since this has been ongoing now for so long, albeit does come and go, I am wondering what it may be.

When I stretch my muslces "vibrate" for maybe 15 seconds afterward. I mean not subtle either. I also have had increased spasticity and cramping. My electrolytes are all right on the money, so no issues with deficiency at this time.

Ok, I'll be quiet and learn now. Thanks for any insights!!

HUgs,
Deb

Riverwild 01-08-2010 12:27 PM

Do you take Baclofen?

It may be worth talking to your doc about it. You don't have to suffer from the pain from spasticity and cramping. Zanaflex also works although my doc has me take that at bedtime since it can make you very tired. Marijuana also works for spasticity, and you may find that a couple of puffs is a good starter if you don't want to head right to the pills.

Talk to your neuro and see what he has to say, and good luck!

Catch 01-08-2010 12:48 PM

Sounds like MS spacticity and maybe some sort of tremor? I take baclofen for muscle spasms. It helps, mj also helps - even with the "Hug." I'd talk to your neuro, like Riverwild suggests.

barb02 01-08-2010 12:49 PM

I would guess that it is MS. I have spasticity on the left side of my body -- rib cage to toes. It is worse in cold weather. I also have been dealing with a sense of vibration over most of my body since summer. for some reason, it seems to be worse when I am tired. Neurontin or lyrica may help with the vibrations if you cannot tolerate them. As just mentioned, there are other meds that may help with spasticity. I take baclofen (10 me) four times per day. I t seems to help with my spasms, but does not really do much for the stiffness.

FinLady 01-08-2010 05:48 PM

Not alone. Get that too. If it's new and on going - definitely talk to your doc about it. Like the others said, there's stuff out there that can help.

Feel better soon. :hug::hug:

Debbie D 01-08-2010 06:04 PM

Wish I lived in your neck of the woods, RW...this state is like a dinosaur in sludge about MM...

NurseNancy 01-09-2010 07:59 PM

hi deb,

i agree. share this with your dr.
i've had severe muscle pain for yrs. i finally saw a rehab and pain dr. he put me on amrix. i guess it's a long acting flexeral. my pain is now manageable. i'm so much better.

sometimes you have to try different things til you find something that works for you.

Chris Tully 01-10-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justdeb (Post 608310)
Hey guys, I have a new symptom of late. Probably 4months or so on and off. (have RRMS by the way) Since it came and went I was not very worried as that is the nature of this disease with me. Comes and goes. Since this has been ongoing now for so long, albeit does come and go, I am wondering what it may be.

When I stretch my muslces "vibrate" for maybe 15 seconds afterward. I mean not subtle either. I also have had increased spasticity and cramping. My electrolytes are all right on the money, so no issues with deficiency at this time.

Ok, I'll be quiet and learn now. Thanks for any insights!!

HUgs,
Deb

depends on where the vibration starts. if it starts in the low neck and feels like a sander that sends out lightning to arms and leggs, it is called Lehermite's sign get treated with steroides as fast as posable, because it leaves long term nerve damage fast. Not usualy seriose just annoying.