NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Anybody else get squeaky sounds in the back of their head? (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/34185-else-squeaky-sounds-head.html)

Mari 12-18-2007 06:20 AM

Anybody else get squeaky sounds in the back of their head?

Greetings,

Does anybody else get squeaky sounds in the back of their head?

It's mostly on my left side near my ear and in the lower back of my head. I think it is med related: I take -- birth control pill, Verapamil, Klonopin.

I sort of get twinges. They don't hurt, but they have "sound."

I promise to ask my pdoc when I see him in Jan.
I was hoping someone here knew something about this and could tell me that it is no big deal.

Hey. Even if you don't know anything about this, please tell me it is no big deal.
I need to feel ok right now.

Mari

waves 12-18-2007 07:49 AM

Dear Mari

you are ok. remind yourself of that. in the present.

i can't say it's no big deal i'm not a yes man, but i'll say, if you're still standing i think you'll continue to stand a fair bit longer. ;)

btw how long have you been experiencing these sound twinges? any other symptoms or OTC drugs?

~ waves ~

mymorgy 12-18-2007 08:40 AM

I am sure you are just fine. Do you have any problems with balance?
I just take klonopin.
Oh a friend of mine used to have wax in his ears which a doctor had to remove. I don't know if I should have mentioned that or not.
Bobby

fiberowendy2000 12-18-2007 09:16 AM

I squeak too.....no sure what it is. I usually chalk it up to my FM and muscles.

Jomar 12-18-2007 12:59 PM

I get the "rice krispy" sounds - little crunches - when my neck and shoulders get tight, {RSI/TOS}

Dmom3005 12-18-2007 06:12 PM

Creaky sounds make sense. I have a neck that makes noises as I move it
from side to side.

Ugh, its a mess.

Donna

mollymcn 12-18-2007 07:09 PM

buzzes

I get rhythmic buzzes, like crickets at night. I guess that's not exactly squeaks but it does sound like a bug in my head which is pretty darn annoying!! I think it's all part of the joy of BD. :rolleyes:
I thought my pdoc was ever so rude when she referred to my in-head bug buzz noises as delusions. :eek: Auditory hallucinations are called delusions. Really, how rude. :mad:

bizi 12-18-2007 09:02 PM

HOw long has this been going on?
do you have it constantly or does it come and go?
When did you first notice it?
remember my cat was sqweeking and it was her sinuses....
I agree with waves here....you are ok...more than ok and the semester is almost over!!!!!
bizi

Mari 12-19-2007 06:14 AM

Thank you Everybody.

I have no OTC meds and no other symptoms except some paresthesia once in a while ( like right now). Balance is good, thank god.

It's been going on a little while. Maybe less than a year. Maybe only since the summer -- not sure. I used to take good notes on these things. Crickets sounds close. So does rice crispies.

Occassionally, the sound occurs at the exact same time that my stomach makes a little rumble. Weird the way our body works.

I had head MRI and EEG back in 2004 when I first complained about paresthesia. Tests were normal except for slight abnormality on left side of head. Direct quote from neuro/pdoc:
"Were you dropped on your head as a child"? :eek:
That was a great phone call to Mom. No really, I did not call her. Not for that. :D

And Molly, I agree that you pdoc was rude. :confused:

My dr of chinese meds says that my meds are causing it.
I think that I could give up the BC pill and see if that improves things but I need a gyn. That last gyn was diagnosable manic and I couldn't take her after a while so I have been putting off finding a new one for 9 years.
I'm afraid to go off the pill myself. And the PA and the mdoc's at my current office are beyond useless. They are creepy.

Mari

mymorgy 12-19-2007 09:55 AM

if your balance is fine, I wouldn't worry...i would just be annoyed
Bobby