NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/)
-   -   Dizziness on only one side of the body (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/187854-dizziness-body.html)

raluca_o 05-02-2013 08:50 AM

Dizziness on only one side of the body

Hello all,

I'm writing here because in my country i couldn't find someone with my symptoms and not even the doctors know what happens to me.

It all started 4 years ago, after a stressful period and some kind of depression which i tried to treat with some hearb remedies which combined 60 plants. The person who gave the remedies told me they would work for my brain but also for my formonal problems but warned me that i would feel very sick in the first days of the treatment because they clean all my body. And i felt sick indeed. I could not take that treatment because i was feeling more and more sick. From that moment on, i started to have this dizziness and lack of equilibrium sensation like i was on a boat or like the down side of my body was made of water that waved on every move i made.

The doctors gave me Cipralex and the "wave sensation" is better but i still have a strange feeling on the right side of my body. It is like a diziness, a lack of coordonation which makes me feel unconfortable when i'm sitting or when i'm standing. Just like my brain doesn't send all the commands to that side of my body.

I made 3 MRIs and all the nvestigations needed but nothing seems to be wrong. If so, what do i have to do? I will live with this sensation until i grow old and die? I'm only 27 years old :(

Pls help

MiaVita2012 05-02-2013 11:15 PM

Maybe

Maybe it is your vestibular?I had some same symptoms.What country are you in?

raluca_o 05-03-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiaVita2012 (Post 980244)
Maybe it is your vestibular?I had some same symptoms.What country are you in?

I am from Romania and i also did vestibular investigations. doctor say it is not about this...

mrsD 05-03-2013 04:56 AM

I would suggest you get a B12 test done. If you are low, you can have a form of vertigo/dizziness as a common symptom.
You should be over 400pg/ml in US units (don't know the format for testing where you are from however)

Also taking so many plant herbs can be dangerous. They can be contaminated with heavy metals or pesticides, even, besides being poisonous in their own right.

raluca_o 06-14-2013 01:22 PM

Update

Hello again,

After the blood tests i had 170 pg/ml of B12, but the doctor did not warry at all and didn't even prescribe any treatment. Could you please help me by telling me what dose should i take per day and if you could recommend me any supplement you have taken?

Thank you very much!

pabb 06-17-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raluca_o (Post 992197)
Hello again,

After the blood tests i had 170 pg/ml of B12, but the doctor did not warry at all and didn't even prescribe any treatment. Could you please help me by telling me what dose should i take per day and if you could recommend me any supplement you have taken?

Thank you very much!

what was the normal range on that test?

raluca_o 06-17-2013 06:24 AM

The normal was between 200 and 1200.

10x

mrsD 06-17-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raluca_o (Post 992770)
The normal was between 200 and 1200.

10x

result of 170pg/ml is low.... but what does the 10x mean?
Does that mean 1700pg/ml? The new cut off for normal in US is 400pg/ml.

raluca_o 06-17-2013 07:12 AM

10x is from thanks :))

So, what dose should i take? what do you advise me to do?

mrsD 06-17-2013 07:16 AM

I suggest you start at 5mg a day of active methylcobalamin type B12 oral. Take this only on an empty stomach.

In 3 months get another test if you can to see how much you have changed. You should be above 400 and perhaps as high as 1000 or more.

When you reach 1000, you can then reduce to 5mg twice a WEEK or take 1mg a day instead.

Somehow you got so low, so you will probably have to take B12 for life.