NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Betaseron -- new packaging (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/60112-betaseron-packaging.html)

Niko 11-19-2008 12:08 PM

Betaseron -- new packaging

A question:

I just ordered my next shipment of Betaseron and it will be with the thinner needles.

It will not be a "30-day" supply but a "28-day" supply.

I asked why that was and was given an audible shrug:Hum:

The shipment will arrive on Friday, so I shall see... perhaps it's packaging ... perhaps it's the same reason we can no longer easily buy a half gallon of ice cream;)

Any ideas out there as to why a "28-day" supply?

Thanks!

Niko:cool:

SandyC 11-19-2008 12:14 PM

I don't know since we've yet to get the new boxes. I ordered the new beta inject and it's complicated for the new needles. I was curious if it would be smaller but it's larger. Weird. We'll just inject manually as usual.

Niko 11-19-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 410945)
I don't know since we've yet to get the new boxes. I ordered the new beta inject and it's complicated for the new needles. I was curious if it would be smaller but it's larger. Weird. We'll just inject manually as usual.

I've got the new injector and you're right... it's bulky. Yet another thing to get used to I suppose.

arch08 11-19-2008 06:17 PM

I just got my refill yesterday and it does indeed have only 14 shots instead of 15.

The shots are arranged in the box in the opposite direction that they were previously. So, instead of 3 rows of 5 - there are now 2 rows of 7. I think the drug company is doing everything they can for you to realize that there is something different so you won't use the old betaject. When I got the drug in the mail yesterday I was confused because there was one dose wrapped separately in bubble wrap which was odd - this is how the pharmacy got to the 30 day supply that my prescription is for.

I haven't used the new needles yet, I hope they are worth all this effort.

Karen

TwoKidsTwoCats 11-19-2008 11:28 PM

Great, one more thing to get me confused! I am suppose to start Betaseron in a few weeks. I don't do complicated so well anymore. :p

azoyizes 11-20-2008 07:37 AM

I haven't received my new injector yet, and I still have 13 Beta injections left from the last shipment.

I can't believe they've gone from 15 down to 14. Niko, I agree with you. It's like a lot of products in the grocery store, such as Kleenex and bars of soap. Less Kleenex in the box and smaller bars of soap, with prices going up! :yikes:

Niko 11-20-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arch08 (Post 411113)
I just got my refill yesterday and it does indeed have only 14 shots instead of 15.

The shots are arranged in the box in the opposite direction that they were previously. So, instead of 3 rows of 5 - there are now 2 rows of 7. I think the drug company is doing everything they can for you to realize that there is something different so you won't use the old betaject. When I got the drug in the mail yesterday I was confused because there was one dose wrapped separately in bubble wrap which was odd - this is how the pharmacy got to the 30 day supply that my prescription is for.

Karen

That's a good point. Visual changes as a reminder.
2 rows of 7. I guess that's more visual than 3 rows of 4.

SandyC 11-20-2008 02:48 PM

I guess we have to wait for the VA to use up all the old before we get the new ones. I have already decided the auto inject is way to big and bulky to even try it. That thing is bigger as I stated and seems complicated and time consuming. If the needle is smaller it shouldn't hurt as bad. I'll ask Jim. lol