NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   back to school day!!!!! (TUES) (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/10148-school-day-tues.html)

snoozie 01-02-2007 11:37 AM

back to school day!!!!! (TUES)

1 Attachment(s)
Good mornin Ladies and Gents (if we have any here)

Finally the kids are back in school and hubby is at work. I don't know what to do with myself...well I could take a nap but I am enjoying this quiet so much I hate to miss it.

Sitting here eating my raisin bran. I am starting anew on this get fit kick. I was tempted to buy donuts a few times last week but didn't do it...yah for me :D So what is on everbody elses agenda today???

Curious 01-02-2007 12:37 PM

one more day here untl school starts. :o venturing out to target to take backone of grandmonkeys gifts. it's fake computer learning toy. it is pretty limited in what it doess. his fake laptop has more learning programs. and his leap frog learning system. plus...i'm not real cool about something else having to plug into his tv.

my eating was great yesterday until we celebrated hubby's birthday. i couldn't resit a fully loaded brownie. oh well. :p it was good!

janster 01-02-2007 01:41 PM

Hi guys!
Are ya ready for this?
I WALKED!! I actually walked! Yup, you heard right! All by myself, I walked. I did my half hour. It was a chore to get started, but once I was doing it, it wasn't so bad. I cranked my oldies, and away I went. I thought about how much fun we "BABES" used to have, but guess no one wants to do it anymore, so, I'm just gonna do it. I was a be boppin' all by my little ole self, and it wasn't too bad.

I've been doing pretty good with the eating too. Well, since I gave all of the cookies away, and the candy that is. I'm on an oatmeal kick lately! I just can't get enough of it--the quick, one minute in the mike kind. I wonder what's up with that?? I've been eating it for lunch and dinner for a couplea weeks now.....not counting the holidays and my dates, of course! :D

Anyway, I'm just doing some laundry and housework today. That's what's happening in my little corner of the world.
Hugs,
Jan

Curious 01-02-2007 01:54 PM

good job jan!!

does going up and down the stairs about 40x today count?

i love oatmeal. hmmm...sounds good for lunch. :D

i got back on my vitamin routine. i messed up when all the company was here.

i think we need to start up the walks. even if we have to just walk around the house. :p get up and stretch!

janster 01-02-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 55074)
i think we need to start up the walks. even if we have to just walk around the house

That's where I do my walks. My balance is off cuz of my numb feet, (neuropathy)so I can't walk on uneven surfaces. In here there's always something close to grab when I stumble.

When we did virtual walks we walked anywhere our imaginations took us. Man, we had some WILD walks.... :eek: Not everyone could walk, but did whatever they could.

Anyway, my time for walks might be limited anyway. I'm gonna be starting to get a little busier in a couple of weeks. This SSDI just isn't cutting it, and I refuse to spend any more of Marty's (my first husband who died in 1985) life insurance money that I was saving for the kids.

I'm gonna see if I can pick up a little part-time job. Gonna see how it goes. Not sure how things will work out, but time will tell. Hopefully it will pay enough so eventually it will be enough to get off SSDI. Wish me luck.
Hugs,
Jan

nancy-h 01-03-2007 02:23 AM

I Happen To Know. . .

that Jan is doing really well on her weight and she is working very hard! The old "Babe" walks were fun and worth trying again if anyone is up to it!

Nancy