NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Severe Pain/Possible RSD or CRPS (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/178502-severe-pain-rsd-crps.html)

newross 10-22-2012 10:54 AM

Severe Pain/Possible RSD or CRPS

Hello,
I'm a 38 yr. old man who has had increasingly severe pain in my lower right leg after having a varicose vein removed 2 mos. ago (ambulatory phlebectomy). What is normally a quick and effective outpatient surgery has turned into a nightmare. Pain began right after the surgery in my shin and has since gotten unbearable and spread down my leg and up into my knee, stiffening my knee also. This is on the other side of the leg, not the operative area. The sugeon has since referred me to a pain management clinic that tried various treatments but is now scratching their heads as far as diagnosis. I'm not sure what to do and the pain is getting worse. Very scary and affecting my life majorly. I look forward to interacting with others here on this site. Until then...

Rrae 10-22-2012 08:46 PM

Hello Newross!

Welcome to NT! :hug:

You've come to a very caring and understanding place!
Pain seems to be the common bond which brings us together.
Fortunately, there's no shortage of empathy here, not to mention alot of good information on how to combat the pain.

Feel free to post anywhere you feel inclined. You'll find friendly people around every corner.

I hope you will begin to get some answers very soon!

Caring,
Rae
:grouphug:

Darlene 10-23-2012 01:43 AM

Greetings!!

newross,

:Wave-Hello: It is great to have you come and be with us. You will fine a great number of dear friends to listen when you are in need of ears. Please, just let us know how we can help you out. You will find out we are supportive and relaxing place.

Please keep us up to date on your condition. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :smileypray:

:hug:

(Broken Wings) 10-23-2012 07:17 AM

Welcome to NT

So sorry for your painful outcome. I hope it eases soon.

It's not easy, I know. Take it easy, for now, and try to let yourself heal.

I don't have answers for what's happening to you. Maybe others will come along with some helpful information.

Keep us posted and keep asking questions. Knowledge is healing...

newross 10-23-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rrae (Post 924897)
Welcome to NT! :hug:

You've come to a very caring and understanding place!
Pain seems to be the common bond which brings us together.
Fortunately, there's no shortage of empathy here, not to mention alot of good information on how to combat the pain.

Feel free to post anywhere you feel inclined. You'll find friendly people around every corner.

I hope you will begin to get some answers very soon!

Caring,
Rae
:grouphug:

Thanks to all of you for the kind welcoming! I don't feel as alone anymore. That really means a lot.