NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Frozen Saturday~Feb 23, 2008 (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/39723-frozen-saturday-feb-23-2008-a.html)

Fancylady_2006 02-23-2008 09:46 AM

Frozen Saturday~Feb 23, 2008

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...1016347JDT.jpg
Good Morning~ Well I finally lose 4 pounds. I fixed my treadmill yesterday! While it was folded up I beat on it & presto, its fixed. It feels so good to say I lost some that I just had to tell you gals. I have been lurking, but missed chating with you. Its nothing but ICE here and I got cabin fever. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs for all.:grouphug:
Billie:winky:

Alffe 02-23-2008 10:01 AM

There she is! :D Hi Billie and congrats on losing 4 pounds!! I still can't seem to do more than 10 mins at a time on the treadmill without my back hurting.
We are sooooooooooo ready for spring!!

Fancylady_2006 02-23-2008 10:14 AM

Alffe, I started wearing heat patches and no more brace or anything. Praise God! I have actully lost 8 more pounds, but I went over my usual weight so wasn't counting that. I can't exercise more than 10 minutes either. I am only eating twice a day, with sm. amt. of fruit for snacks.:)

Alffe 02-23-2008 10:55 AM

I'm so glad you found something that works for you Billie...when you are in constant pain you just don't feel like moving at all! :hug:

I don't know what I've lost (other than my mind *grin) but my pants are looser so something is going on. We just need to keep on keeping on! :wink:

Fancylady_2006 02-23-2008 11:07 AM

Why don't you weigh alffe? I am going to try to clean a dining room carpet before the day is over. My problem is getting started. lol I have moved most of the furniture out. Now I am resting again.

Curious 02-23-2008 11:19 AM

quick check in. sick kid.

:grouphug:

welcome home billie!

looser fitting clothes is awesome alffe!!

karousel 02-23-2008 05:00 PM

Great job losing 4 lbs and having looser fitting clothes! I am doing great this morning and had oatmeal. I even exercised for 30 minutes. I am determined to loose the few I gained and then a few more!! Checking in with you guys is the best thing to help keep me in check.

tamiloo 02-23-2008 05:14 PM

I have the same problem...getting started. I have so much pain upon any kind of movement that I hesitate getting into anything. Then I wait until today...tomorrow is the Sabbath and I have to have most of my house in order...kitchen, and I kill myself getting it done. I have the dishes done and I'm done!!

Congrats on the four pounds!!

Dmom3005 02-23-2008 07:55 PM

I want to congratulate all

I have to say something to everyone.

THis is important. You need to know even if you are in pain and can't exercise. But you can watch what you eat and take small steps toward
losing it can happen.

Especially if you can come here daily and post. Tell us how much pain
you are in. That you have no energy. That you need some encouragement.

Or even just that you need someone to care.

I can tell you that the best thing that has happened to me losing weight
wise was the day I came here continually after I got out of the hospital.

So please don't stop talking to us. It truelly helps.

Donna

karousel 02-23-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmom3005 (Post 222529)
I have to say something to everyone.

THis is important. You need to know even if you are in pain and can't exercise. But you can watch what you eat and take small steps toward
losing it can happen.

Thank you Donna. That is something I am finding very hard to accept. It helps to hear someone else say it's okay, don't beat yourself up, just be sure to watch what you eat.