NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Nerve pain - good news for me I hope. (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/186840-nerve-pain-news-hope.html)

mouse1 04-12-2013 11:39 AM

Nerve pain - good news for me I hope.

I thought my head injury had caused trigeminal neuralgia because I was getting pain in the right side of my face in my nostril, jaw, cheek, eye, ear, gums and teeth. Well after a molar extraction today and a tooth filling, I am not experiencing these. Its funny how you can put everything down to PCS. My only worry is that this facial pain started when I went back to work, but hopefully this is just a coincidence and it is dental and not PCS related. I do get sore eyes and ears due to noise and light occasionally, but the right ear and eye pain was excessive and could be down to an additional dental factor. I really hope so because I will be well on my way to recovery if all this pain goes away for good.:)

cyclecrash 04-12-2013 11:41 AM

That's great to hear! It really is important that we not assume everything is PCS related and look at all options. It's great that it was a simple fix! Thanks for sharing!

CC

mouse1 04-13-2013 03:16 AM

I feel great today and haven't taken any painkillers for the first time in months. A large filling came out in my lower back molar whilst I had very bad PCS symptoms, the tooth was decayed. The tooth next to it also needed filled. Looks like the migraine, neuralgia, ear ache, sinus and eye pain was down to my teeth as well. Maybe the PCS and toothache created a storm of nerve pain resulting in all these symptoms. It's all perfectly timed, because my daughter is 6 today and has a noisy party with 20 friends! Today will be a good test of how far I have come, onwards and upwards!

Brain patch 04-13-2013 08:53 AM

Happy 6 Birthday to your daughter! That will be a fun day! Definately a test for you. I am so glad to hear that some of your pain is gone. Sure glad you went to the dentist! That is worth it. Good to hear you are feeling better. Have fun with your daughter.
Brain :hug:

Mokey 04-13-2013 09:43 AM

Good luck with the party! My daughter missed her 8th because of my mtbi....i was determined she have a 9th. It was hard but we did it. Life's important moments. Enjoy.

mouse1 04-13-2013 03:07 PM

Thanks, it went great, 21 noisy kids in a play centre followed by a party and disco with loud music and flashing lights. Its evening now and we are back home and I still haven't got a headache or noise sensitivity and it was a noisy day! I don't think I would have been able to do this without the dental visit. It means a lot because the kids haven't had a good time either as I have been avoiding them for months with my noise sensitivity and low mood. Not anymore!

Brain patch 04-13-2013 03:23 PM

Yeah mouse! Sure am glad you were able to have a good time and with 21 loud kids and flashing lights! That is great news. Sounds like a fun day for all.
Means so much to be able to do stuff with the kids doesn't it? More important than working even. So happy for you.
Brain :hug:

mouse1 04-13-2013 03:51 PM

Yes it means much more. In January and February the children were with a childminder whilst I was sick - I was unable to look after them - because of the distress caused by the noise sensitivity. I am surprised I was able to stand the noise levels of the children today, never mind a disco and flashing lights. Things are definately moving in the right direction, I still prefer quiet, but at least I can do these noisy things again which I previously took for granted.

poetrymom 04-13-2013 05:25 PM

Great good news!

Yea!! I am very happy for you and cheering you on from the cbyer sidelines.

All of these "tests" and trials are so important. Keep on healing.

Sincerely,

PM