NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Spoonless already (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/136020-spoonless.html)

Blessings2You 10-24-2010 06:22 AM

Spoonless already

Hoping for a second wind (do they still call it that?) Fixed breakfast, took a shower, dried my hair, brushed my teeth, and now I'm thinking what a big job church is looking like. Stupid disease.

Dejibo 10-24-2010 06:59 AM

I used so many spoons lately that I too am running on empty. Washed my face, brushed my teeth, hubby made breakfast while I dressed. He fed the cats and scooped the boxes, and ...im ready to go back to bed. I WILL make it to church this week. I just wont be doing much else today. im beat and the sun isnt up yet!

you are in good company sister. :hug:

Blessings2You 10-24-2010 07:20 AM

Not that this hasn't been said several gabillion times, but I am soooooo glad I have this place (thanks, Doc John) where people GET IT!!

I just can't see myself all pathetic, whining to people at church that the whole enchilada (Bible study followed by Worship Service) is too much for me if I've done anything the day before, and sometimes even if I haven't.

A "normal" person thinks, Well just go home and rest after. Which, of course, isn't the point. The point is being too fatigued to think straight and participate in whatever it is. Once I went to a church board meeting and said, "Can I just vote 'no' to everything and go home?" :D

SallyC 10-24-2010 11:46 AM

I have been known to do all my prep the night before an event, I must attend. I will brush my teeth again and run a brush through my hair, if needed,:p, then throw on my clothes and go, before I have time to think about it.

On these occasions, I sleep on my back, on the couch, as to not mess up my make-up and hair. :rolleyes: I have learned, the hard way, that this is sometimes, the only way I'll have the energy to go!!:o

And you're right, Blessings, this is the wonderful place that Doc John created for us to help each other get through the bad times,

I've noticed some peeps not coming here often, anymore, because we're maybe not entertaining enough and we complain too much.:D

Blessings2You 10-24-2010 12:01 PM

Or maybe they're "here" and just don't have spoons enough left to post. I've opened the reply window, sat and stared at it, said "nah", and remained a lurker. Just because I didn't have the energy or enough wits to pull together.

Dejibo 10-25-2010 08:06 AM

another day, and still not enough spoons to do all that I need to do today. :(

hollym 10-25-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 708091)
Or maybe they're "here" and just don't have spoons enough left to post. I've opened the reply window, sat and stared at it, said "nah", and remained a lurker. Just because I didn't have the energy or enough wits to pull together.

Me too - too many times to count.

BTW, I ran out of spoons Saturday and still went to church. I kept falling asleep - not good.:eek: I pushed myself all day yesterday after a too busy Saturday and now today I feel like such total poo poo that I want to cry. Honestly, I think that between Sat and Sun I used my spoons for the next couple of days.

PolarExpress 10-25-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 708091)

That's it!
I'm here most days. I even think of things to post. By the time I've run thru my mind what I want to say & how I want to say it, I've run out of energy to post it. LOL...So I go to "games" & play the song games with B2Y. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollym (Post 708378)
Honestly, I think that between Sat and Sun I used my spoons for the next couple of days.

Seriously? We can do that?
Wow...I'd be taking out "spoon loans" from now till next Christmas if I could do something worthwhile today..:rolleyes:

dmplaura 10-28-2010 07:42 AM

SallyC: I too do what can be done the night before. I'm always taking the cautionary route should I wake up not feeling 100% in the morning. It's actually nice (MS or not!) to wake up and just click the coffee maker 'on' button without fiddling with a filter and spilling coffee all over the kitchen in my half-conscious morning state :p. Also nice to have my lunch for the following day in the fridge all ready to go like an airplane stewardess, and just toss it in my green bag to take to work. Finally, checking the forecast the night before so I know if I need my umbrella, winter coat, hat etc...and having those out right in front of my eyes so I don't forget anything the next day.

Carries forth my spoons, I can tell you that. It's almost like spoon-building ;).

Feel better B2Y and I hope you can find many more spoons in days to come. :hug: