NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Please pray for Shadow's safe return to us (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/32717-please-pray-shadows-safe-return.html)

Chemar 11-24-2007 08:12 AM

Please pray for Shadow's safe return to us

:Sob:

mrsD 11-24-2007 08:54 AM

still not home?

a
how awful. There is hope yet. Our Oreo used to take off on our island and be gone 2 or 3 days. It used to flip me out. She doesn't do that anymore, but has been gone one full day recently. Usually she does this when my husband leaves for home to work. This upsets her, and she goes looking for HIM and gets lost. (now that she is 6 this is getting better, but still is very worrysome).

Put something with scent outside, in case he is lost. His litter box, or some bedding.

Being so cute, someone could have taken him in. He may have become disoriented after a chase or whatever. (since he has neuro issues).
Also a minor injury...like a pulled nail, may keep him from trying to come down if he were treed by a predator. That happened to a cat of ours once. We walked around when she didnt come home, and she was up a tree 3 doors down, and we could barely hear her crying she was so tired. She had ripped one of her toe sheathes and it hurt too much to try and come back down.

It has been our experience that even neutered males will wander. I won't get a male cat because of this...we had two broken hearts over this issue over the years.

Have you seen stray or wandering cats on your property? If so watch them, from which direction they come, and follow that track. If he found a female, she may be in that direction.

It there is a vet nearby, check that out. If he were found, someone may have taken him there. You can call them first. Shelters too.
I was really hoping he'd be back today. With your warmer weather, it makes it easier for him to stay out. The way it is here now, he'd be on someone's doorstep begging to be let in.

Hang in there... still...:hug:

Chemar 11-24-2007 11:57 AM

:hug: mrsD

I just posted the update on SSS

he is found...........thanks to a call from a neighbor.

I am sooooooooooooooooooo thankful at him being home safely and at the two unexpectd new arrivals too:p

Buttons 11-24-2007 01:00 PM

Happy ending...and then some!

Oh I'm so glad you found your kitty! I seldom come to this site but just had to read the story......I think the full moon makes cats (and dogs) do strange things,just as people do!

I know what you went through,but prayers were answered! And now there are 2 more precious kitties!

I once had a cat missing for 3 weeks,never give up hope! they will find their way home if possible.....

Hugs to all the kitties & you also for the anxiety!
Buttons (down to 1 cat now,had as many as 5 at one time though):hug:

Chemar 11-24-2007 05:28 PM

Thank you so much Buttons :)

here is our precious Shadow having a deep sleep after gobbling down his special food and lots of water...

:circlelove:

Wren 11-24-2007 07:11 PM

:hug::hug::hug: I'm SOOOOOOOO happy for you

~KELLWANTSANSWERS~ 11-24-2007 08:39 PM

Hi Chemar
I haven't been on here for quite some time.
When i saw this i got all teary eyed!!!!
I'm sooooooo happy your lil'shadow is back home,safe and sound!!:)
Kell

Alffe 11-25-2007 11:41 AM

Waves at Kell....*grin

Chemar 11-25-2007 03:49 PM

(((((((Kell)))))))) it is sooo good to see you again :hug: and I am so glad you could find a happy ending here:p

I just updated the SSS thread with some pics of the younglings

delighted to report that Shadow is doing great...does not appear to have any injuries and has even been playing today, in between eating and still sleeping it off:circlelove:

Alffe 11-25-2007 04:22 PM

This is wonderful to hear Chemar! :hug: I love happy endings.