NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   More symptoms (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/74076-symptoms.html)

billy027 01-26-2009 09:21 PM

More symptoms

After some stress from a my mothers health and excessive writing on the computer I have been feeling more chest symptoms and shorrtness of breath. Anyone else have these symptoms. I know I have terrible posture and that makes it worse. Ayone else have similiar symptoms?

Jomar 01-27-2009 12:54 AM

I think it's just one of those things that we have to keep working on... posture , stretching, taking breaks, de stressing ... many times during the day.
Just a part of life now...
If not... it only gets worse

I pressed myself into too much furniture rearranging and wall painting, and then too much computer repair and re setting up without taking the time outs for those good things..
now I have to have some PT sessions to get back on track.

I was very surprised at how many trigger points and adhesion's she came across. mid back, low back , between the ribs yowwww:eek:. she really worked on em, but it is feeling better overall with just the first session.
she said I might be sore tomorrow from the work she did.
deep tissue & some trp release

(Broken Wings) 01-27-2009 08:19 AM

:p

Ditto - it is a stressful life and with these TOS problems, it's just too much at times. Relaxation techniques, yoga, stretches, pool therapy, Jacuzzi, nerve pills/antidepressants and muscle relaxers, back alignment board for the thoracic area, to open up my pecs, a good PT session and a lot of humor helps that. Take a leisure drive for a little while.

Hang in there :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy027 (Post 453954)
After some stress from a my mothers health and excessive writing on the computer I have been feeling more chest symptoms and shorrtness of breath. Anyone else have these symptoms. I know I have terrible posture and that makes it worse. Ayone else have similiar symptoms?

Indea88 01-27-2009 02:08 PM

I completely understand and relate.....I was carrying books, hardback books up a flight of steps, slipped, fell( I never learn). I just got out of a hot shower, took an Ibuprofen, a Darvocet and I'm laying on a medicine ball to stretch my pecs, chest. I had chest pain, arm pain an hour ago so bad.....I know what it's from. It's just the rest of my day is shot. Being on a laptop and driving the car do me in as well.....This pain exhaustes me:cool:

ajibag 01-27-2009 05:22 PM

I have shortness of breath too (especially when laying on my back) though I don't know yet how to fight with this. I'm going to see a doctor in a week so maybe then I'll can give some advice as well. Personaly I don't have posture problems now but this doesn't seem to reduce this symptom...