NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Hydrocephalus (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/)
-   -   I have had a (large chronic) subdural hematoma before and I need to know a few things (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/18206-chronic-subdural-hematoma.html)

sjp_fanatic 04-24-2007 01:48 PM

I have had a (large chronic) subdural hematoma before and I need to know a few things

On the most part I feel fine, but at the almost back of my head on my shunt site I have incredible head pressure its so bad it hurts to touch the skin lightly. (Liz, this is also the spot I was concerned about in our back and fourth e-mails.)

Thinking about it, I did think I just slept on my neck wrong . (I sleep on my left hand side oppisite of my shunt.)

I don't know anything about hematomas, all I know is that back in 1999 I was diagnosed as to having a "large chronic" subdural hematoma.

I am writing this because I have had one and it might actually be located in the area of the first one becase (I think, I can't tell, but I am pretty positive) that it's in the area of the last one I had because there is a scar in such a rondom place.

It feels like somehow got a bruise on the inside of my head, but I know I didn't.

I am sorry if this is a repeate of last night. I looked for it today and I couldn't find it.

Right now, I have a "low grade" (a "1" on a scale of one to ten) headache. I have been streaching out to try to "kink" it out. Not working. (No hands, just a lit of persise squirming. (?).

Can someone describe the feel of what one feels like, please. I don't want to live on pain killers today.

Ripplegirl99 04-28-2007 02:58 PM

Do You Have?

Hi Sip Fantastic,

I don't want to give your real name here because did not know if you did or not. I do not know much about Subdural hematoma's. But I do think that they can happen when you have slit vents and when your shunt is overdrainging. I will try and find some information for you.

Ripplegirl99

sjp_fanatic 04-28-2007 06:53 PM

it looks like it was related to the terriable storm we had.

Though, I do have a really smalll headache mostly because I just got done yelling at my dog for barking her head off at the air. (So it seemed.) I have been taking it easy today trying to regain a sence of normailty (feeling like what I normally feel like when things are a-ok.) Might be few more days.

(The storm I mentioned produced a tornado in a neighboring town. No. I didn't see any action from it, but from what I hear, it might have been an "F5". (Fujita scale.) I have allways been fascinated with tornados, but from this current expirience, I don't think I wan to se one now. :eek:

I think tornados in my region of the state aren't too common, but I live right above a tornadic state.