NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   new members (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/82337-new-members.html)

shunique 03-24-2009 03:06 PM

new members

I had problems with anything that touched my fingers and hands. I too had to wear gloves in frozen areas or outside in warm/hot weather too. I haven't had the "bruising" but do have the redness. Things that I have found that helps are biofreeze and lidocaine gel. I hope that helps
shunique

SBOWLING 03-24-2009 04:43 PM

New member first time to reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by shunique (Post 485959)
I had problems with anything that touched my fingers and hands. I too had to wear gloves in frozen areas or outside in warm/hot weather too. I haven't had the "bruising" but do have the redness. Things that I have found that helps are biofreeze and lidocaine gel. I hope that helps
shunique

Hello shuniquie,
I have a lot of problems with my hands. I have full body RSD and when I have a flair up my hands feel like I am touching the sides of hot pot on the stove. They are sensative to touch. I have had RSD for 8 years. Just recently my hands have started to swell and are painful when closing them. I have used biofreeze on my hands, arms,legs and feet. I see a chiropractor 3 sometimes 5 times a week. He use an activator to adjust me not his hands. I know his adjustments have kept me off of a lot of medications. I tried that way and didn't like the side effects. I'm new to this web site and I look forward to talking with everyone and learning new ways to cope.

shunique 03-25-2009 01:35 PM

I can relate with the pain and sensitivity. I too have rsd all over my body and am stage 4 with extreme nerve damage too. I have lost most use of my left hand/arm-no ulna nerve response and getting worse. I have had pain for over 10 yrs and out of work for 5. I look forward to talking to you and hope you have low pain days

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBOWLING (Post 485994)
Hello shuniquie,
I have a lot of problems with my hands. I have full body RSD and when I have a flair up my hands feel like I am touching the sides of hot pot on the stove. They are sensative to touch. I have had RSD for 8 years. Just recently my hands have started to swell and are painful when closing them. I have used biofreeze on my hands, arms,legs and feet. I see a chiropractor 3 sometimes 5 times a week. He use an activator to adjust me not his hands. I know his adjustments have kept me off of a lot of medications. I tried that way and didn't like the side effects. I'm new to this web site and I look forward to talking with everyone and learning new ways to cope.

Eliza 07-06-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBOWLING (Post 485994)
Hello shuniquie,

Hi. I am new to RSD. I have RSD in my leg and foot. Have had some rough nights lately. The humidity here makes RSD worse, I find. I too also go to Chiropractor who also uses activator and he started doing low cold laser on my leg and foot to see if it will help my pain. I have had a few app where, my pain is not as intense for a few hours afterwards ( which is better then nothing), but I also have had app that there was no difference. Will try it for a little longer and see how it goes. I too, look forward to learning more about RSD and new ways to cope. Have a great day.