NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Dentistry & Dental Issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/)
-   -   What kind of denture to replace my lower left second molar... (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/215803-denture-replace-lower-left-molar.html)

ono8ono 02-06-2015 09:43 PM

What kind of denture to replace my lower left second molar...

Could anyone give me some info. regards to denture? This will be my first denture so I don't know what to look for? I just had my #19 molar pull 6 weeks ago, and when is best time to get a denture? Thank you for any help. I don't want to get implant because I don't want to go thru another surgery and to have any metal inside my mouth. So I don't like to get bridge either.

Bryanna 02-07-2015 11:29 AM

ono8ono,

Are you referring to a complete denture to replace all of your lower teeth or a partial denture to replace just tooth #19?

Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by ono8ono (Post 1122652)
Could anyone give me some info. regards to denture? This will be my first denture so I don't know what to look for? I just had my #19 molar pull 6 weeks ago, and when is best time to get a denture? Thank you for any help. I don't want to get implant because I don't want to go thru another surgery and to have any metal inside my mouth. So I don't like to get bridge either.

ono8ono 02-08-2015 12:33 AM

Hi Bryanna,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I just replace #19 only. I just want to know what is available and what to ask for from my dentist. I remember you mentioned about nesbit before. All my other teeth are fine. No root canal either. Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanna (Post 1122707)
ono8ono,

Are you referring to a complete denture to replace all of your lower teeth or a partial denture to replace just tooth #19?

Bryanna

Bryanna 02-08-2015 01:50 PM

ono8ono,

It is best to consult with your dentist as to what your individual options and needs are. Everyone is different. It depends on the overall health of your mouth, what teeth you are missing, how well your bite is aligned, what other restorations you have in your mouth.... many factors are considered when choosing a replacement option.

Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by ono8ono (Post 1122826)
Hi Bryanna,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I just replace #19 only. I just want to know what is available and what to ask for from my dentist. I remember you mentioned about nesbit before. All my other teeth are fine. No root canal either. Thank you.

ono8ono 02-09-2015 02:52 AM

Thank you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanna (Post 1122882)
ono8ono,

It is best to consult with your dentist as to what your individual options and needs are. Everyone is different. It depends on the overall health of your mouth, what teeth you are missing, how well your bite is aligned, what other restorations you have in your mouth.... many factors are considered when choosing a replacement option.

Bryanna

dudyash 02-09-2015 03:24 AM

During drilling got my nerve exposed

dentist was shaping my teeths for dental bridge, now they are saying it willl be fine after dental bridge, wat should i do ? its paining when i am touching it with tongue...help please