NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Does anyone have the time/inclination to write their MG story? (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/55940-time-inclination-write-mg-story.html)

erinhermes 10-09-2008 04:14 PM

Does anyone have the time/inclination to write their MG story?

Hello all! I was hoping that a few of you would be able to write your MG story so I can add it to the MG support group I belong to here in SA.

I realize that we live all over the world, but since so little is actually known about our disease and everyone suffers it in different ways, we can provide information that is truly valuable for others our there who suffer as we do.

I personally found the prospect daunting and really did not want to do it until
I remembered how sick I was when I was finally diagnosed and how many dr's I had to go to to get a proper diagnosis - that is simply unacceptable.

I know there are a lot of sick people out there desperate for answers who would really appreciate any/all input.

I also know it is a lot to ask, but am hoping someone/anyone will agree to do it!:D

A am also making up some bruchures so when someone comes up to me and asks me about my big scar I can provide a little more insight regarding our disease. Your story doesn't have to long and drawn out - a few paragraghs would be great!

I know all of you are very busy, but if you can spare some time, I'd really love to hear your stories!!!

Take care!
Erin Hermes

Scots Kat 10-09-2008 04:31 PM

Hey Erin,
I've been meaning to write about my experiences anyways so if/when I ever get around to doing it I'll send you a copy. I've got some time off coming up so I'll try to get things started then. Because of the huge variety of symptoms and experiences we've all had it would be interesting to read a compilation of our "stories." Oh! I could also ask some of the groups I'm in on facebook to see if anyone else is interested if you wanted me to.
Good luck with it Erin!
~Kathy

erinhermes 10-09-2008 07:52 PM

Awesome!

Kathy,

THank you! Thank you! THank you! It is very much appreciated!

Erin

Alan53 10-10-2008 09:06 AM

what a great idea Erin will send you it soon alan:)

erinhermes 10-10-2008 03:43 PM

Thank you!

THanks Alan! I really appreciate it! I know this is going to help a lot pf people!:D

Erin

Brennan068 10-11-2008 04:53 PM

Hi Erin,

I just found these forums via a post on the Facebook group board. What information are you looking for? My intro post to the Facebook group had the basics of my diagnostic experience - I'd post the url, but the forum won't let me (to new ;) )

I'm still quite new to this whole MG thing but willing to share what I've gone through.

Cheers,

Brian.

erinhermes 10-11-2008 07:34 PM

Just your story - plain and simple

Hey Brian! I am hoping that anyone will be willing to tell their personal MG story - share the whole MG experience with others who do have MG. Your symptoms, date diagnosed, problems with meds, neurologist info - anything that you think will be helpful to those of us with this disease:D........I posted my story on the MG support site here in SA. Hopefully other people in my group will want to do the same.

Since stangers come up to me and ask me about my scar, I am making up some brochures fer those who are actually curious about MG and how it effects us.

Take care!
Erin Hermes:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brennan068 (Post 386561)
Hi Erin,

I just found these forums via a post on the Facebook group board. What information are you looking for? My intro post to the Facebook group had the basics of my diagnostic experience - I'd post the url, but the forum won't let me (to new ;) )

I'm still quite new to this whole MG thing but willing to share what I've gone through.

Cheers,

Brian.

erinhermes 10-11-2008 07:39 PM

MY MG story

My story is posted @ www.mgsouthtexas.org

Erin:D

Brennan068 10-26-2008 05:31 PM

Hi Erin,

Just wanted you to know I had not forgotten this, I'm plugging away at it while in the hospital here. I'll post it to LiveJournal when I have it completed, I'll be posting my recent crisis story there as well as soon as I have an air card for the laptop my brother loaned me.

Brian.

erinhermes 10-26-2008 08:20 PM

Hello again!

:hug:Oh, Brian, I am so sorry to hear about your crisis......What happened? What meds are you on? Do you have a good neuro?Are you on IV IG or plasmaphoresis? Do you have family around to help you cope? I know how scary hospitals can be..........Hang in there:hug:

If you need to reach me, please do so. I'll be looking for your posts...I am available 24/7.

I can't wait to see your story. I know it will touch others and spread MG awareness.......

Take care!
ERin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brennan068 (Post 396874)
Hi Erin,

Just wanted you to know I had not forgotten this, I'm plugging away at it while in the hospital here. I'll post it to LiveJournal when I have it completed, I'll be posting my recent crisis story there as well as soon as I have an air card for the laptop my brother loaned me.

Brian.