NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   has anyone experienced these eye symptoms! (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/191011-experienced-eye-symptoms.html)

rach73 07-05-2013 11:30 PM

has anyone experienced these eye symptoms!

Hi,

Sorry to be a bore, but my last thread has gone a bit off topic and I am in some need for answers.

Rather than quote the whole post my eye symptoms are
Double vision - which resolves with one eye shut
Nystagmus - relieved a little by mestinon
Ptosis - resolved with the application of ice or consumption of mestinon
Blurred vision
Photophobia - having to wear dark glasses indoors at all times
Eye that just decides to go and out of focus randomly
Visual field loss

I also have issues swallowing and choking. I have muscle fatigue and can not do repetitive movements. I can't walk on my heels and then walk in tip toes or vice versa.

Can anyone tell me if this sounds familiar.

My first post is titled "hi guys"

Thanks

Rach x

cait24 07-06-2013 01:17 AM

I have all of the above except photophobia. I also have severe tinnitis, hyperacusis and balance issues. Sounds like MG to me.

Is your general weakness improved by rest and made worse by heat? I am severely affected by the heat.

kathie

rach73 07-06-2013 01:43 AM

Thank you Kathie,

I am affected greatly by the heat. Its makes my postural orthostatic tachycardia worse and makes me prone to fainting. It also makes me feel very weak and breathless.

I have tinnitus also, partly due to the fact I've got glue ear at the moment (fluid behind my ear drum). I had tinnitus before this but its made it much worse.

My gp said he believes the problems with my sight are a muscle and nerve issue.

I think they (all my drs) are freaking out because basically from 2010 they all said no it wasn't MG. The fact that mestinon actually makes me feel alive and resolves my ptosis was put down to the fact it increases my blood pressure and my ptosis must be being caused by that, as all tests as far as they were concerned were negative for MG.

My symptoms now are 100 times worse! At least they rushed through a neuro opthalmologist appointment for me.

Thanks again Kathie

Rach x

4-eyes 07-06-2013 08:53 AM

I've had all those symptoms and more.

southblues 07-06-2013 10:33 AM

I have all of the above mentioned symptoms except photophobia.

sandy56 07-06-2013 12:50 PM

I have also had all the eye symptoms you mentioned. Some times I can feel my eyeball moving in and out of place. Mestinon usually helps. The heat and bright sun make it all worse. :cool:

rach73 07-07-2013 03:58 AM

Thank you for taking the time to reply. That's calmed me down loads! Having played diagnostic roulette before you start to doubt yourself and imagine all sorts of things.

Rach x

Fybrohurts 07-07-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rach73 (Post 997742)
Hi,

Sorry to be a bore, but my last thread has gone a bit off topic and I am in some need for answers.

Rather than quote the whole post my eye symptoms are
Double vision - which resolves with one eye shut
Nystagmus - relieved a little by mestinon
Ptosis - resolved with the application of ice or consumption of mestinon
Blurred vision
Photophobia - having to wear dark glasses indoors at all times
Eye that just decides to go and out of focus randomly
Visual field loss

I also have issues swallowing and choking. I have muscle fatigue and can not do repetitive movements. I can't walk on my heels and then walk in tip toes or vice versa.

Can anyone tell me if this sounds familiar.

My first post is titled "hi guys"

Thanks

Rach x

I have Graves Disease as well as Fybromyalgia. I am in remission with my MG. I too suffer with blurred double vision