NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   OK, W|ho made these threats (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/138458-ok-ho-threats.html)

kicker 11-14-2010 05:54 PM

OK, W|ho made these threats

Judges who hear Social Security disability cases are facing a growing number of violent threats from claimants angry over being denied benefits or frustrated at lengthy delays in processing claims.

I get up from my nap to this headline. OK, who is it?

Mz Migraine 11-15-2010 04:26 PM

Social Security judges facing more violent threats

The article would have been much better if they listed each states "backlog."

In 2005 the backlog in New Jersey was 3-5 years. Unknown if it's better or worse now.

finz 11-15-2010 06:10 PM

Not to make light of the threats in general, but one person was going to get a plane and fly it into the court ? Another is going to join the Taliban to fight against the US governemnt.

If you could do those things, isn't it correct that you were denied disability ?!?!?

Shellback 11-16-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 715978)
Judges who hear Social Security disability cases are facing a growing number of violent threats from claimants angry over being denied benefits or frustrated at lengthy delays in processing claims.

I get up from my nap to this headline. OK, who is it?

Sounds to me like this person or persons never had good intentions in the first place. Just my humble opinion. :)

Mz Migraine 11-16-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finz (Post 716466)
Not to make light of the threats in general, but one person was going to get a plane and fly it into the court ? Another is going to join the Taliban to fight against the US governemnt.

If you could do those things, isn't it correct that you were denied disability ?!?!?

Not necessarily. I have a "hidden" disability. I would have no trouble flying a plane nor joining the Taliban to "fight." :winky: Yet, I still got a fully favorable decision. My "age" at the time I originally applied for SSDI was beneficial though. :D

finz 11-18-2010 02:27 AM

I totally understand 'hidden' disabilities.........but I can't think of any where the meds takenor diagnosis wouldn't preclude you from being a pilot. To work for the Taliban, you are on duty 24/7, carry a gun around in the desert, obey the orders of a crazy man or pay with your life, might have to sleep on the ground and have little access to meds and supplies.......can't think of too many disabilities that would allow someone to do that.......and can't figure out how someone could do that and not be able to manage, "Do you want fries with that?" If you could be in the Taliban's army, you could be in our army, and could not be totally disabled by the definition of totaly disability.

Cblue 11-18-2010 03:37 PM

OMG...I am trying...I am trying to understand what this thread is about...I do apologize for my continued ignorance, but could someone just sum up what is going on here? I am interested in everyone's threads. Again, I apologize for intruding.

Thanx.

Jimking 11-18-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cblue (Post 717435)
OMG...I am trying...I am trying to understand what this thread is about...I do apologize for my continued ignorance, but could someone just sum up what is going on here? I am interested in everyone's threads. Again, I apologize for intruding.

Thanx.

Apparently, the incident of physical threats to Social Security Judges has jumped up in numbers recently.

I see your point finz. If one is totally disabled, fighting a physical battle is pointless, less of course the judge made the correct decision in the first place.:)

finz 11-19-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cblue (Post 717435)

Thanx.

CBlue,

There are no intruders ! We are all in this together !

Kicker was cracking a joke.....she saw an article that said there is an increase in threats against ALJ's who denied people SSDI/SSI, so she asked, in jest, which ones of us threatened the judges.

The article she cited said some people who were denied SSDI/SSI made crazy threats to the judges......like they would go get an airplanne and fly it into the courthouse or join the Taliban to attack the US for not doing right by them. Obviously, those people have severe anger management problems.

I joked back that if those people had the mental or physical capability to do those things, no wonder why they were denied.

Cblue 11-22-2010 11:12 PM

OK! Gotcha! thank you finz and Jimking!