NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Saw therapist yesterday (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/24966-therapist-yesterday.html)

Mari 07-31-2007 10:03 AM

Saw therapist yesterday

Hi,
My therapist wants me to bring hubby to our next appointment.
She is finally getting serious about my not being able to get to bed to sleep.
She thinks that we can enlist hubby to be part of the team.

I told her that he has a tendancy to be controlling and I can't stand that. She said that she would make it clear that he is a member of the team -- not the team manager.

Hubby said he would come to the next appointment.

I went to bed at 4:00 am and fell right asleep. It was the earliest I went to bed in months and months. I feel good about that.
Then I woke up at 7:00 am to finish stuff to email to work.

Heading back to bed.
Have a good day everyone.
M.

Nikko 07-31-2007 11:50 AM

Hopefully this appointment with the both of you will be a good experience.

It can't hurt.

Hope you are getting some much needed rest.

Hugs, Nikko:hug:

Mrs. Bear 07-31-2007 01:07 PM

I am so glad your hubby agreed to go! That is so exciting.

bizi 07-31-2007 05:27 PM

I happy he agreed to help.....
it is definately a team effort....and a great idea!
Hope this helps you.
(((HUGS)))
bizi
:idea:

Dmom3005 07-31-2007 08:06 PM

Mari

I'm glad he is coming. I am hoping this helps you.

Donna

bizi 07-31-2007 08:28 PM

P.S.
Glad to hear from you...was sort of wondering how you were doing?
bizi:hug: :hug: :hug:

Mari 08-01-2007 03:55 AM

Hi, Bizi,
I had a very tough last 10 days or so with mostly work stuff but Hubby made things worse.
Tuesday was better with work, and hubby and I are doing better.

He had told me that he was disappointed about having to eat alone lately. I am either sleeping or not at home or too tired to deal with him when he eats. The past two days I made a bigger effort to at least sit with him while he eats -- we don't eat the same foods. He responded immediately and has been as sweet as can be. I wish that he had spoken up sooner. And I wish that I had been more receptive when he did. The therapist helped me a bit.

What is happening with you? You seem sad on the other board -- not your usual self. Maybe that phone call about your business kind of threw you off. Or was it something else? Something that started even before you took your trip up north?
Feel better.

Mari

Mari 08-03-2007 05:15 PM

Hubby went with me to see my therapist. I felt like crap before we even started and wanted to curl up in a ball in a corner on the sofa while the two of them talked.

We talked about sleep and how he can help me go to bed.
She also tried to get him to understand better that I was already doing the very best I could in regards to work, sleep, keeping myself together . . . . And she tried to tell him to let me do things based on my needs

For example he and I need to finish unpacking and organizing the apt. He wants to start on the living room. I want to start on the guest room. She told him to let me start where I need to since that is the way my brain wants to do it. She kept trying to help him see that doing ANYTHING is much harder for me than for him.

She thinks that an organized apt. will make my life easier for me to deal with and she knows that I can't take care of my stuff by myself.

He said Ok and that he needs this new plan written down so that he can follow it.

Mari

bizi 08-03-2007 05:43 PM

Writen down?
How do you feel it went?
((((HUGS))))
bizi

Mari 08-03-2007 05:52 PM

It went ok

Hi,

Quote:

Writen down?
He likes to follow a schedule. The therapist and I were laying out a new schedule for how I should spend the evenings (not doing any house work after 11:00 pm and so forth) and asking him to help me follow the schedule.

He said he would do better if it is written down (posted on the fridge for example).

We gave him some new info I guess. His asking for it to be written down was his way of saying that he was prepared to do it.

It went ok. I think I felt better afterwards ---- esp. about our little plan to declutter the apt.