NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Pulled my back out ! (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/87604-pulled.html)

maryec 05-22-2009 01:42 PM

Pulled my back out !

I know better than to have anything in my hands, & lean forward with it ! Out went the lower back ! I hate these weak muscles, it always takes a good month to heal when I do this. Now I am hunched over & shuffling when I walk ! Lol..... what a sight! Erin I thought of you & your posts, although a bulged disk is much worse, than a sprain, I don't know how you do it all. You should have heard the words coming out of my mouth, when I realized what I had done ! :mad:

Mary

rezmommy 05-22-2009 01:58 PM

I feel for you Mary ... it is so hard to find comfort when you have a bad back. Hope you are better soon. ~ Melanie

Pat 110 05-22-2009 02:39 PM

Hi Mary,

I am so sorry to hear that. Hope you aren't in too much pain. I've done that so many times and would have kicked myself if it didn't hurt so much! Rest and feel better.

Pat

erinhermes 05-22-2009 04:16 PM

Hey Mary!

Hey hon! Sorry to hear about your back - hurts like heck!:mad:

I'm going in have my back x-rayed today.........not looking forward to it!

Hope you feel better soon!

Big hugs!
Erin:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryec (Post 513643)
I know better than to have anything in my hands, & lean forward with it ! Out went the lower back ! I hate these weak muscles, it always takes a good month to heal when I do this. Now I am hunched over & shuffling when I walk ! Lol..... what a sight! Erin I thought of you & your posts, although a bulged disk is much worse, than a sprain, I don't know how you do it all. You should have heard the words coming out of my mouth, when I realized what I had done ! :mad:

Mary

maryec 05-22-2009 04:52 PM

Oh Erin, I hope that works out for you ! My whole lower back goes, both sides & legs, when I do this, son of a gun!
Mary

erinhermes 05-22-2009 04:56 PM

Hey Mary!

Do your feet and legs go numb? That's been my biggest problem so far - that and not being able to carry anything! LOL!

Neuro called again to make sure I go to the hosp TODAY for my x-ray.....that man never lets up! He wants me to have it done @ the transplant hosp just in case I actually have a compression fracture! I do think it is sweet that he worries so much, but am so sick of dr's and hospitals!:D

Big hugs!
Erin

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryec (Post 513733)
Oh Erin, I hope that works out for you ! My whole lower back goes, both sides & legs, when I do this, son of a gun!
Mary

redtail 05-22-2009 06:56 PM

Hi Mary,

bad backs are noo fun, I use to have real problems so I can sympathize. I hope you are soon up and about again.
take care of yourself
Kate

maryec 05-22-2009 08:40 PM

Oh Kate it's the pits !
Erin, yes , I colapse when it happens, no legs, then as my back stiffens, my legs get a pressure achiness in them. I think the muscles spasm around the nerves or something. I'll heal though, you are another story, I'm worried about you.
Mary

ras1256 05-23-2009 01:15 AM

OH MY GOODNESS, Mary - Look at you! Love the do! And what did you do - go to Glamour Shots for that picture. You're adorable.

I must be giddy, because I'm having a lot of trouble getting serious all of a sudden.

Forgive me, but your description of "hunched over and shuffling" gave me a great mental picture! I know it's not at all funny having back pain, but I just picture this bent over hag, then I see your new picture and it's such a contrast!

I hope your back recovers quickly. My problems have mostly been in the neck area, but I have had lower back pain too - neither is any better than the other - the slightest movement and YEOWWW.

Best of Luck to you and Erin both!

maryec 05-23-2009 08:44 AM

Thank you for the compliment Becky ! Hunched & shuffling is where I am at ! LOL... My neck goes on me to from time to time, damn muscles!
Mary