NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Headache (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/)
-   -   Headache for over 12 years (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/185641-headache-12-a.html)

Cayroo 03-19-2013 02:34 AM

Headache for over 12 years

I have been getting bad headaches almost daily for over 12 years. I use ice packs on my forehead and face and a neti pot for some relief. I finally found the cause this last year is selective IgA deficiency. I was taking antibiotics for a sinus infection and the headaches went away.

My immunologist, who I was seeing because I was checking to sed if the headaches might be caused by some kind of an allergy, decided to do a test for IgA deficiency because antibiotics are the treatment for the affects of IgA deficiency.

I found that instead of getting colds or flu symptoms that most people get, I get a very severe sinus headache. I tried many, many neurological drugs to treat migraines or other types of headaches wth no positive affect. In fact the drugs I was prescribed were killing me more than the headaches and caused two minor strokes and lots of depression.

I am posting this so that perhaps someone else may find my diagnosis and treatment helpful and relieve some chronic pain.

I am interested in how other people are dealing with their selective IgA deficiency and the resulting affects. Does anyone have any suggestions for boosting the immune system to better protect myself from the headaches I get from the germs of the common cold or other bugs?

pabb 03-21-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cayroo (Post 967278)
I have been getting bad headaches almost daily for over 12 years. I use ice packs on my forehead and face and a neti pot for some relief. I finally found the cause this last year is selective IgA deficiency. I was taking antibiotics for a sinus infection and the headaches went away.

My immunologist, who I was seeing because I was checking to sed if the headaches might be caused by some kind of an allergy, decided to do a test for IgA deficiency because antibiotics are the treatment for the affects of IgA deficiency.

I found that instead of getting colds or flu symptoms that most people get, I get a very severe sinus headache. I tried many, many neurological drugs to treat migraines or other types of headaches wth no positive affect. In fact the drugs I was prescribed were killing me more than the headaches and caused two minor strokes and lots of depression.

I am posting this so that perhaps someone else may find my diagnosis and treatment helpful and relieve some chronic pain.

I am interested in how other people are dealing with their selective IgA deficiency and the resulting affects. Does anyone have any suggestions for boosting the immune system to better protect myself from the headaches I get from the germs of the common cold or other bugs?

Have you been tested for Celiac? It is not uncommon for celiacs to be IgA deficient, nor is it uncommon for them to have sinus issues.

razzle51 03-28-2013 04:00 AM

headache

Have you been checked for Chiari Malformation .... go to www.asap.org to read symptoms