NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Savella, has anyone tried this for Fibro. (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/104430-savella-tried-fibro.html)

dreambeliever128 09-30-2009 09:55 PM

Savella, has anyone tried this for Fibro.

My Dr. gave me some samples and I am just wondering if any of you have tried it.

Thanks,
Ada

Dmom3005 10-04-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 (Post 572966)
My Dr. gave me some samples and I am just wondering if any of you have tried it.

Thanks,
Ada

Ada

There are some threads on here for this drug. I tried it but its too hard on my stomach.

Donna

jess18 10-07-2009 07:07 AM

I am trying this drug, just asked the Dr for it, he gave me sample pack and a prescription.. so I will let y'all know. I took the first 12.5 mg last night. I will take 25 mg today. So, it is a 2 week sample, then if it works, 50 in am, 50 in pm...
No troubling side effects from the one dose yet. I just NEED it to lower the pain down some!!!!!!

asticat 10-07-2009 04:35 PM

Jess18

Asticat here...please let me know how the Savella works for you. Also, what did your doctor say about going off of it. Any problems with withdrawal effects? As I said in the other thread, my doc took me off Cymbalta in order to start me on Savella. Because of the severe withdrawals I'm having from Cymbalta, I'm not going to start Savella anytime soon. But maybe it could be an option for me in the future. Anyway, good luck to you.....

B

Doody 11-02-2009 03:20 PM

Hi all. Wow, all the new posts. I've been negligent in checking in here.

Anyway, I too am wondering about Savella. My doctor, at an appt today, asked if I would be interested in trying it. My fibro just happens to currently be in a major flare and any relief from this pain would be welcome.

But, I know how I am with these kinds of drugs! It is not prescribed as an antidepressant, even though it sure sounds like Effexor's twin to me. He said it's specifically for the treatment of fibromyalgia. (When I once took Effexor, it was terrible...one of my worse med experiences ever...next to Paxil.)

Well hallelujuah anyway that fibromyalgia finally gets press, huh?!

I was one who anxiously awaited the release of Cymbalta. But...after a couple years things started to go bad and suicidal thoughts became too frequent and real. Along with other concerns, I quit the Cymbalta. It was a ***** for me going off that stuff (though not as horrendous as when I went off Paxil).

I think I will do more searching on the internet to see if others have given this stuff a fair trial.

Oops, came back for an edit. The Cymbalta did help with my fibro pain. I mostly realized that when I QUIT the Cymbalta. Immediately the familiar aches and pains started right back in.

Doody 11-02-2009 03:56 PM

I'm back. I found quite a few user reviews for Savella if you are interested in reading what others have to say. It's the usual gamut of bad to good reviews but I notice mostly good.

http://www.drugs.com/comments/milnac...romyalgia.html http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drugrevie...e=Savella+Oral

RhiannonsMoon 11-03-2009 06:17 PM

[I was one who anxiously awaited the release of Cymbalta. But...after a couple years things started to go bad and suicidal thoughts became too frequent and real. Along with other concerns, I quit the Cymbalta. It was a ***** for me going off that stuff (though not as horrendous as when I went off Paxil).

I think I will do more searching on the internet to see if others have given this stuff a fair trial.

Oops, came back for an edit. The Cymbalta did help with my fibro pain. I mostly realized that when I QUIT the Cymbalta. Immediately the familiar aches and pains started right back in]

Glad you clarified this Doody. I just started Cymbalta, and after some other horror stories I've read I was about to stop taking it. Hopefully it was your symptoms causing the issues and not the Cymbalta.

I take the Cymbalta for major depression, anxiety & panic disorder and agoraphobia. But it seems to have indications in so many other ways for so many other things (whether this is another story the drug Co have out out I don't know, there are so many law suits going on).

I'm taking Neurontin (Gabapentin) along with Tegretol for epilepsy, I am still having spike pain with the neurothapy and fibromyalgia pain is flaring at the moment but pain has lessened with Tramadol at a higher dose.

We don't have Savella in Australia yet but hopefully soon. I'll watch your thread to see how you go and if it's successful I may ask to try it,

Good Luck,
Rhiannon

Doody 11-04-2009 07:53 PM

(((RhiannonsMoon)))

We all react so differently to drugs so I hope your experience with the Cymbalta is a good one. I do know for sure it helped with my fibro. As I said, when I quit taking it, the familiar fibro stuff came back. A plus was that it didn't cause me any weight gain. I lost so much weight when I went off the Paxil! I really slowly packed it on with that stuff. I've lost 30 lbs since going off it.

It must be the season for me to have flares. My TMJ is worse than it's ever been for me. Yuck! Plenty of life stressors as well though. Plus, in just the last month I was treated for kidney infection and on the heals of that pneumonia. Hopefully my system will do a full recover.

Good luck to you with the Cymbalta. :hug:

rdawes26 11-24-2009 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhiannonsMoon (Post 585832)
[

Glad you clarified this Doody. I just started Cymbalta, and after some other horror stories I've read I was about to stop taking it. Hopefully it was your symptoms causing the issues and not the Cymbalta.

I take the Cymbalta for major depression, anxiety & panic disorder and agoraphobia.

Rhiannon

I was on Cymbalta for 3 months and taking 60mg. My doc wanted me to switch to Lyrica. I honestly had the worst withdraws that I have ever heard about and experienced. I am not trying to frighten you, but I am quick to caution those on the medication so they are prepared when they go off it. I also recognize that not everyone will experience the symptoms.

Good luck with everything and I hope it all works out.

Chad