NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Generic cellcept!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/88568-generic-cellcept.html)

korbi_doc 06-02-2009 09:31 PM

Generic cellcept!!

I was just informed by my pharmacist that the "toxic to the wallet" cellcept is now on the generic list...had a very bad day on Mon..for some unknown reason, just felt very weak & ill.......maybe now I can try that added to my Mestinon when I feel that way.....

Dottie ;)

TxSimon 06-02-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korbi_doc (Post 518399)
I was just informed by my pharmacist that the "toxic to the wallet" cellcept is now on the generic list...had a very bad day on Mon..for some unknown reason, just felt very weak & ill.......maybe now I can try that added to my Mestinon when I feel that way.....

Dottie ;)

Dottie,
The news is good on the generic Cellcept. I got the same news this week from my insurance company. I know they are glad! I take Mestinon and Cellcept and they seem to work fairly well for me. The Cellcept works better on me than Imuran. Hope you get to feeling better. Keep us posted.
Simon

neutro 06-03-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korbi_doc (Post 518399)

Dottie ;)

Hi korbi doc,
About Cellcept, do you know that it could take a year (or more!) to be effective…?
All immonosuppressors are amongst the slowest medications for MG…
Maurice.

erinhermes 06-03-2009 08:41 PM

Generic Cellcept?

Wow! Generic Cellcept?!? Wish I was able to take it - when I did, I went down to 15 mgs of pred but had another crisis, so I was switched to Imuran. Hopefully that will work better!:D

Hope you feel better soon!
Big hugs!
Erin:D

korbi_doc 06-04-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxSimon (Post 518429)
Dottie,
The news is good on the generic Cellcept. I got the same news this week from my insurance company. I know they are glad! I take Mestinon and Cellcept and they seem to work fairly well for me. The Cellcept works better on me than Imuran. Hope you get to feeling better. Keep us posted.
Simon

Simon, glad to hear that the Cellcept works for you....I bet the insurance co is glad too, lol!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutro (Post 518535)
Hi korbi doc,
About Cellcept, do you know that it could take a year (or more!) to be effective…?
All immonosuppressors are amongst the slowest medications for MG…
Maurice.

Maurice, I did not know that!! A year??? WOW!! Guess I'll just have to keep on with the Mestinon & try to control the side effects....but I'll talk to my neuro 'bout it next visit....

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinhermes (Post 518957)
Wow! Generic Cellcept?!? Wish I was able to take it - when I did, I went down to 15 mgs of pred but had another crisis, so I was switched to Imuran. Hopefully that will work better!:D

Hope you feel better soon!
Big hugs!

Gosh Erin, those crises are so hard to take...I've been lucky so far that I didn't end up in hospital...just thought I was dying from heart failure after an endo guy told me that...wasn't true, thank goodness....hope you're feeling better....

Dottie

Pat 110 06-04-2009 03:28 PM

Hi Dottie,

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. I've been having a few myself, but I'm feeling better. Hope you are having a good day today!;) Take care.

Hugs,
Pat

jan4041 07-07-2009 07:34 PM

generic cellcept

I just went to the doctor today and I needed my cellcept prescription renewed. I told her about the generic being out and she did not want me to use the generic form. She said the FDA doesn't regulate the potency of it. Well, now that the generic is out my insurance will only pay half and ninety percent of the generic. That comes to 50 dollars compared to 400 dollars. What's the deal? Is cellcept putting some kind of pressure on doctors to do that since the generic is out and they will probably lose millions. I don't appreciate the scare tactics just to make a buck. Needless to say, I'm going with generic, even though my doctor is not happy about it. Too Bad. I'm just not buying that story. Has anyone heard that?

joelpk 07-22-2009 08:38 PM

I think it is a bunch of bull about generics not being as good as brand.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jan4041 (Post 534254)
I just went to the doctor today and I needed my cellcept prescription renewed. I told her about the generic being out and she did not want me to use the generic form. She said the FDA doesn't regulate the potency of it. Well, now that the generic is out my insurance will only pay half and ninety percent of the generic. That comes to 50 dollars compared to 400 dollars. What's the deal? Is cellcept putting some kind of pressure on doctors to do that since the generic is out and they will probably lose millions. I don't appreciate the scare tactics just to make a buck. Needless to say, I'm going with generic, even though my doctor is not happy about it. Too Bad. I'm just not buying that story. Has anyone heard that?

Tbarney 07-23-2009 02:09 PM

I just started CellCept last week. My neuro didn't want me using generic either. Luckily my insurance is $10 per month for generic and $20 for name brand. My slip said it would have cost me $472.

erinhermes 07-24-2009 12:11 AM

That's wild!

Hello all! My neuro is about the most cautious man alive and even HE approved my new generic Cellcept! Why on earth would they make one if we cannot take it?

Go figure......