NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Is this the complaint department? (Long & whiney) (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/103534-complaint-department-whiney.html)

Twinkletoes 09-21-2009 01:27 PM

Is this the complaint department? (Long & whiney)

Ten days ago we had a lovely meal at Fish Lake lodge, not too far from where I live. I half-expected to see Nappy there when I spotted a sign that read: "Smithsonian Fishtitution." :D

On the way back down the mountain, I noticed that my ears never did "pop".

I kept taking my Zyrtec allergy pills, but finally the Dr. switched me to Allegra and also gave me a Rx for Amoxicillin when he saw that my eardrums were "beet-red." Inner ear infection is not much fun, bleh.

A couple of days later he added a "Z-pack" (another antibiotic) on top of the Amox.

This (Mon.) morning I noticed my tooth was sensitive to room-temp water, so made another Dr. appt. He couldn't decide whether to pump me full of more antibiotics (still taking 2), or put me on steroids.

So, he sent me home with a 6-day course of Prednisolone (steroid).

*sigh*

I needed to gain another 10 lbs. (NOT!)

Stopped at the dentist and got an x-ray of my tooth to make sure there wasn't infection. (There wasn't).

I missed work all last week (well, I only work 2 days) b/c of this. Not sure I want to go work tomorrow cuz I'm just drained. :confused:

I have partially numb hands and I believe all this infection is causing the sx to intensify. But at least I can still TYPE! Yay!

I don't think its an MS flare, but I'd sure like to feel better.

Okay, that's all.

Other than I'm achy all over (kinda used to that part).

And nobody will come clean my house.

And my son's landlord found out they had a cat, so now we have 3 cats that don't get along.

And, and, and ....

"I'm sick & tired of being sick & tired."

So there. That's it in a giant nutshell.

The End

PS:

Oh, and DH didn't get me anything for our 36th anniversary a week ago today. I mean Nothing. A whole lotta nada. Our DD even berated him for not sending flowers. I guess his finger is broken. (Can't dial the phone to call the florist). ;)

My b-day is coming up soon -- we'll see if he redeems himself.

SandyC 09-21-2009 01:45 PM

Awwww Twinks. :hug:

karousel 09-21-2009 03:43 PM

:hug::hug: You are having a bad time right now and it just plain sucks. :hug::hug:

Blessings2You 09-21-2009 03:50 PM

They say that sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windshield, but the way I see it...they both LOSE! You can cry on my chubby shoulders any time. :hug:

Kitty 09-21-2009 03:55 PM

Aww, Twink.......I'm so sorry you're feeling so puny. I hope the meds kick in soon and make you feel better. :hug:

If you're taking Prednisone anyway go ahead and have a chocolate milkshake. If you're gonna gain it anyway might as well have fun doing it! :rolleyes: :p

And as for your DH......well, my Momma brought me up not to use those words so I'll just say "shame, shame, shame" (insert Gomer Pyle accent).

soxmom 09-21-2009 03:55 PM

Hugs to you Twink...I hope you do start feeling better..oh, kick your dh in
the knee for me.;)

Momma's Kids 09-21-2009 04:47 PM

:hug::hug::hug:

I hope you feel better soon...

My lil Twink, it doesn't mean he still don't love you. Men are not like us women folk, they don't forget on purpose, they just don't have the memory chip we have.lol

I bet he does something extra special when you least expect it.

kicker 09-22-2009 04:25 AM

AWWWW Twink. Hugs to you.

Twinkletoes 09-22-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soxmom (Post 569046)
Hugs to you Twink...I hope you do start feeling better..oh, kick your dh in
the knee for me.;)

Soxmom, I DID kick him in the knee! Of course he wondered why, so I TOLD him!!! :D He just smiled -- what could he say? :rolleyes:

AZjanie 09-22-2009 04:17 PM

Oh man; sorry you had to go through all that. :hug:

DH forgot one anniversary so now a few days before the big day I put post-it notes where he will find them.

I start a count-down a week before on how many days till the big day.

Where do I put them?? I thought you'd never ask!

On his coffee mug
On his toothbrush handle
The bathroom mirror
In the deli drawer in the fridge
On his steering wheel
In his underwear drawer
and the best....
On the underside of the toilet seat! :rolleyes:

He hasn't forgot since!