NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Wait A Minute? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/137249-wait-minute.html)

SallyC 11-03-2010 11:14 AM

Wait A Minute?

It's November...or like my DDH use to call it "Nowonder" :D Does this mean that Christmas is just around the corner?? :eek: No way, I'm not ready, by a long shot.

Can we back up here? I may not be ready til February. Gasp :eek: I just turned on the heat, for gosh sake.:cool:

Let's take a vote. All in favor of waiting untill February for Christmas, hold up your hand and then go to the window and shout.."NO WAY JOSE"

Sheeeeeeeesh!!!

Blessings2You 11-03-2010 11:40 AM

Actually, I'd rather have Christmas in October, when we (less) have to worry about bad weather. The first year would be a little rough, what with the ten-month thing, but we'd adjust.

Kitty 11-03-2010 11:42 AM

I vote we wait until at least January to celebrate Christmas. Then, we can take advantage of all the post Christmas sales!

Here's what I think we should do. Continue on with the traditional Christmas dinner. Bake cookies and all the other Christmas goodies. Just wait till January.....or February like you suggested, Sal......to give gifts. Think of the money we'd save!

We've cut waaaaaay back on presents at Christmas. Since my boys are grown now that makes it easier. I would have never disappointed them when they were younger.

Debbie D 11-03-2010 02:21 PM

I think we should have it in February...that is one boring month...

doydie 11-03-2010 11:25 PM

Because of family all over the country and some people are still young enough to work (LOL) we have Christmas right after the new year. That way if an individaul family want to be with an in law or off to themselves they can and then the whole world converges on our house right after new years. I have been known to wait until after Christmas to do all my Christmas shopping and decorating!

A long time ago my brother was in the Navy. Our intelligent military thought it would be smart to build a submarine in the state of Washington but station it in Virginia, or would that be W Virginia. Anyway they took half the crew and took the sub through the Panama canal and the other half drove across country. We hadn't seen my brother in about 4 years and he was lucky enough to be one that drove. So we all had Christmas in February!!!! It was so much fun and my little girls thought they were so special. They were the only ones in school that had Christmas then.

Dejibo 11-04-2010 07:47 AM

I try hard to shop all year. I find with careful shopping I can get that $100 sweater for $15 on clearance. I find I can get that $50 video game for $29 with a buy two get one free, and then an extra 5% off at the register.

I had to learn to be careful to be specific who I shop for and stick to my list or else I end up with piles of stuff i dont need or have room for. I could easily become a hoarder. I am good at bargains, and make the money stretch, but the thrill of the hunt could easily become an addiction for me.

We no longer decorate for the holidays. I used to do it for the kids, and it was festive, but with no kids around...why bother?! its just more work, and more stuff to put away when its done.I do put out my grandmothers manger set from 1890. its wonderful, simple and small. Jack keeps running off with baby jesus in his mouth. How do you tell Jack its disrespectful to eat baby Jesus?

I dred the stores during the holiday crush! folks get crazy! pushy and rude and then my MS kicks in with a massive cog fog and I simply panic and cant breathe. its horrible to be over come by lights, noise, crowds and stress.

Debbie D 11-04-2010 09:22 AM

Dej, I guess I'm blessed in that I hate to shop...so Christmas shopping is no joy for me...I get the same way when I shop. Didn't realize maybe it's the anxiety kicking in.hmmm...
Wish I could enjoy it more...I think DH is secretly happy I hate it!!:rolleyes:

Kitt 11-04-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejibo (Post 712307)
erful, simple and small. Jack keeps running off with baby jesus in his mouth. How do you tell Jack its disrespectful to eat baby Jesus?

Our cat kept running off with the little drummer boy.:D

SallyC 11-04-2010 12:06 PM

When I had Cats, they always liked to help me wrap..:eek:

I do all my shopping online. I even help DD with her's.:)

Kitt 11-04-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 712398)
When I had Cats, they always liked to help me wrap..:eek:

I do all my shopping online. I even help DD with her's.:)

They like to help you crochet too.:ROTFLMAO: