NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   soo tired (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/169547-soo-tired.html)

terralyn 05-10-2012 03:51 PM

soo tired

Anyone else here feel like they cant make it through the day without a nap? What do you do to keep your energy up?

nalakity 05-10-2012 04:15 PM

Yes! Sooo Tired

Yes! I also am sooo tired throughout the day. I believe it has to do with all the meds we are taking...or it may be a symptom of CRPS. I guess I'm really not sure, but I feel your exhaustion. Going from having a "normal" sleeping pattern to a very sporadic nights sleep can cause all kinds of problems. I've heard that people who have RSD (or chronic pain) rarely reach the REM cycle during sleep...which is necessary to function properly and to think clearly during the day. So, my GUESS is that not reaching our REM Cycle at night mixed with all meds we have to take during the day makes for an exhausting combination! :Zzzz:

terralyn 05-10-2012 04:20 PM

Yes! I agree and have read the same as you.. but man do I feel old!

nalakity 05-10-2012 04:33 PM

No Kidding!

No kidding! It really does make you feel about 10x's your age. I'm 33 years old...but I feel about...oh, I don't know....300 years old! Dammit! My neck hurts so bad right now. I'm glad there's is someone here to talk to right now:)

terralyn 05-10-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalakity (Post 878196)
No kidding! It really does make you feel about 10x's your age. I'm 33 years old...but I feel about...oh, I don't know....300 years old! Dammit! My neck hurts so bad right now. I'm glad there's is someone here to talk to right now:)

Loo... I was thinking more like 3000! I'm only 35... I hobble like a granny who needs her knees replaced. At least we can laugh right? :hug:

mommystime2 05-10-2012 07:19 PM

im with ya, i didnt get my nap at 230 cuz i had a dr appt at 4, was afraid i wouldnt wake up. anyway he new it when he saw me!

terralyn 05-10-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommystime2 (Post 878241)
im with ya, i didnt get my nap at 230 cuz i had a dr appt at 4, was afraid i wouldnt wake up. anyway he new it when he saw me!

Yep.. same here. I nap every day. I used to never nap.. now I cant function well without one

AintSoBad 05-10-2012 11:53 PM

I've had rsd since '83. A second accident took it to an entire new level in '98, and included a tbi. I notice that when the barometer is low, I feel more asleep and literally am, than awake. Today, it was sunny and nice, and I had my first good day in almost a month.
The weather, for me, particularly a low, or moving lower barometer, really knocks me out.

Pete

ASB

mommystime2 05-11-2012 08:44 AM

yes gloomy rainy days reqire sleep! lol sunny days i just relax for an hour outside. has anyone noticed if they dont nap then they get headaches? it happens to me often

terralyn 05-11-2012 12:05 PM

I definitely get headaches in relation to not napping! I also start getting a very tense neck :(