NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Off to the Desert... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/46106-desert.html)

Victor H 05-20-2008 02:45 AM

Off to the Desert...

1 Attachment(s)
Oh fun...our survey crew is headed off to the desert to find one species of flower that may grow in the area.

We have to survey one square mile of land to see if this little plant is present on-site........

.................and we will be doing the surveys by crawling (I mean it..LOL).

Take a look the size of this small this little, rare plant::eek:

Hasta Manana All:)

sassy 05-20-2008 06:30 AM

Take all your cooling devices or are you one of the lucky ones that heat doesn't bother?

And please tell me this isn't our government dollars at work! Why on earth is this cute little flower so important>

Girlie Girl 05-20-2008 07:30 AM

Holy Cow! That is one tiny flower....adorable but tiny! I don't envy you Vic! Be sure to listen to your body and don't over do it!

Let us know if you find the little bugger.

DM 05-20-2008 08:29 AM

Cute lil flower, but I don't envy you today, Vic.

A few yrs ago, there was supposed to be a major construction project started, but the Sierra Club got involved and they couldn't disrupt the area as there was James Clammy Weed growing there.

True story! *I still think someone didn't want it there and there were some major palms greased down in So IL*

Keep cool, Vic.

braingonebad 05-20-2008 09:01 AM

Good luck, Vic!

Even if you're not terribly heat sensitive, be careful out there.
:hug:

Sounds like a pretty cool adventure to me though. I'm of the mindset that what's best for the littlest of us is best for the rest of us.

ewizabeth 05-20-2008 09:23 AM

Adorable little flower! :) Stay cool Vic! BTW, I envy your job!!!

AfterMyNap 05-20-2008 10:07 AM

Oh, Vic! I know those are normal flowers, you just used those gigantic props from "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids"!!!!! You can't fool me, you are spending the morning on the golf course and in the afternoon, you'll go for a swim at the club.;)

Wear your knee pads!

SandyC 05-20-2008 10:09 AM

Good luck finding that flower Vic. It kind of looks like a dwarf crocus. Stay cool!

sugarboo 05-20-2008 10:28 AM

I can't get this song out of my head now :rolleyes:

"I've been through the desert on a horse with no name, it felt good to be out of the rain.....in the desert, you can remember you name, cuz' there ain't no one for to give you no pain....la laaaa la, la la la la, la la la, la lah!

:D

ENJOY!!

Twinkletoes 05-20-2008 10:39 AM

Some guys will sure go to great lengths to bring home a fresh bouquet for their DW.

For heaven's sake, Vic: just call 1-800-FLOWERS! They'll be delivered in 2 days and save you from crawling all over the desert floor. :p