NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Supersize Me (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/10005-supersize.html)

Alffe 12-30-2006 08:52 PM

Supersize Me

There is a special on MSNBC in about 10 mins. that I'm going to watch. Hope it scares me into getting serious about changing my eating habits.

(just wanted to see the frog again. :D :rolleyes: ;)

Fancylady_2006 12-31-2006 09:52 PM

Alffe~

Did it scare you Alffe? The only thing that helps me is sickness. I had the stomach bug and lost a bunch. Now it is broncitis or the flu bug. I'm on my second week and this is getting redicious. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.
___
BC:)

Alffe 12-31-2006 09:58 PM

Oh Billie I wish you were feeling better!!!

The program was not at all what I expected and really kind of silly....was it a movie maybe??? I fell asleep after the first twenty mins....Mr.Alffe lasted 1 1/2 hrs and said it was not worth watching.

Happy New Year dear lady.. (((Billie))) I just can't stay up till midnight!

Curious 12-31-2006 10:17 PM

was that the show about the guy gaining weight from eating super size fast food?

(((billie))) take care. i hope you get lots of rest after the auction. time for yourself.

Fancylady_2006 12-31-2006 10:30 PM

Alffe~ I like that foot tapping! Thats so cute.

Curious~ You can bet, I will be taking it easy for a while after the sale. It cost a lot to have one, but at least I don't have to load it all up for the dump. Well. I am talking about household things. My husbands tools are worth money. It has took him lots of years to buy so many tools. Some wrenches are 4' tall. Other sockets are worth $40 bucks a piece. It will be interesting how things go. They have advertise on the internet for a month & the papers for two weeks. I'll let you know later how it all come out. Oh, Happy New Year!
____
BC

Curious 12-31-2006 11:01 PM

happy new year to you billie!!

but you know...some young men will buy those tools. start making a living for them and their young families. your husbands legacy will keep going.

Fancylady_2006 01-01-2007 11:18 PM

The sale was a complete sucess~

I wrote about it on another thread. What I didn't say there was: It rained last night and you can't imagine the shape the yard is in. People got stuck and today it wasn't so warm out like other days. There are cups and food wrappers everywhere. What a mess! So I think you know what i have to do tomorrow. I thought I got the day off, but not yet.

Thanks for your prayers and good thoughts. I aways appreciate it and God did answer in the nicesy:) way. Hoping you have a Happy New Year! I'm going to bed folks! Really tired.
BC:)

Curious 01-02-2007 12:13 AM

night sweety. i'm happy the auction was a success. one more day...then rest time for billie.

Fancylady_2006 01-03-2007 12:17 AM

To All of You~

I just wanted to say I'm not coming in much cause I'm just not up to par yet! Everything has been hard on me and I have pushed to go forward when I wasn't up to it. The yard hasn't been cleaned up yet, but I figure it will wait. I can't close on the house until Jan 15, so things will wait. Like you said: ONE DAY AT A TIME.

I gained a dog during the sale also. It's a Lab and very friendly. I doesn't have a coller so I know someone dumped it out at the sale. It is large and Bear, my dog, attacked it today. I think the big dog in defence just put his pall up, but he has an ear bleeding now. I may have to take him to to the vet tomorrow. He has mopped around all day. I don't know what to do with this dog. He is eating all my cats food. When I went out there today, he was laying on the porch with his arm around a teddy bear someone had left there.
I did feed him, but I can't keep it up. He is to big to take in my car to a shelter. he would make the right person a good dog tho.
Hugs,
Billie:)

bizi 01-03-2007 12:41 AM

Dear Billie,
I bet you are so relieved that the sale is finished...I bet this was really a lot of work for you and let the trash sit there until you feel up to it.
The dog sounds nice and labs are desirable here...hunting and all.
Labs are usually very freindly...and I can picture him hugging the teddy bear...
awww!!!!!
take care
(((HUGS)))
bizi