NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Hello ol' friends! (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/1005-hello-ol-friends.html)

ol'cs 09-18-2006 12:22 AM

Hello ol' friends!

Well, I'm sitting down in front f the comp, hoping this will get through; there has been so much going wrong with MGH PD, that I can't believe it's back:confused: !
Six (?)months or whatever has been a long time for all of us to check in and see how everybody is getting along. I'll bet that time and water under the bridge has seen some progression for most of us. Unfortunately, for us PWP, things rarely get "better" and it's normal for things to get "worse".
Well, I won't start complaining, because most of you have been there and done that; let's suffice to say one "I ain't dooin too good".
So how can we find the will and wherefore to continue on, us " not dooin too gooders"? I Dunno. I guess that life is what you make of it, and no matter how hard you try to make it better, sometimes it just isn't going to happen, and we must be satisfied with that answer because "that's the way it goes.
I do hope that none of you have "given up". It's the easiest way down the river, but it won't prepare you for the rapids yet to come. Remember, keeping our sanity, trying to maintain the staus quo with our relationships with others and "giving it all you got" are among the most important things we can do to prevent sliding down the slippery slope to oblivion. Oblivion is not a nice place to be, so even though the whole thing is almost unbearable, just take heart that there are so many others out there who are suffering so much, and as such represent the best "support group" that we all must have some connection too, especially when we hit "snags".
Good to talk to y'all agin. Ol'cs:)

mamafigure 09-18-2006 04:13 AM

Great to see you back!!

Sorry that you aren't doing too well. I will wish you a great day, and you can build from there.

mama

lou_lou 09-18-2006 07:43 AM

Hellooo ol'cs!!!

Dear CS,
hey! :D
It's great to see you online brother!

MKane 09-18-2006 07:53 AM

Great to hear that you are still keepin on. It sees like it was a rough summer for many of us.

MKane MK2

Thelma 09-18-2006 11:14 AM

Cs.............................Welcome I needed to read that today

stevem53 09-18-2006 12:12 PM

cs ol'buddy..good to see you back!

olsen 09-18-2006 02:53 PM

Hello again, CS

Hi CS--it is so good to have your voice here! welcome back. madelyn

toadie 09-18-2006 05:04 PM

hey chuck,
how ya doing?
nice to see some familiar names and faces
take care
tammy

ZucchiniFlower 09-18-2006 07:28 PM

Hi Cs!

I love what you said: "I do hope that none of you have "given up". It's the easiest way down the river, but it won't prepare you for the rapids yet to come."

I needed that. Thank you and nice to see you!

~Zucchini

lindylanka 09-19-2006 05:10 AM

Hi there Cs, it's so good to hear your unmistakeable voice! Welcome back.
Look forward to hearing more......

Lindy xx