NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Job Interview (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/10157-job-interview.html)

befuddled2 01-02-2007 03:28 PM

Job Interview

Hi all,

I think my job interview went well. The manager wants for me to call her by 4:00 tomorrow to let her know if I am interested in going to the next phase of the interview process. I luckily stayed calm in the interview but was shaking like a leaf as an aftershock after I left. This is something big for me.

befuddled2

DiMarie 01-02-2007 04:38 PM

Good going

Good Job BF,
I am so glad that it went well for you.
Do you have Ativan on hand? When I ahve something new that is getting my heart racing and anxiety off, I take one to get me over the hump.
Saying a prayer for your decision,
Di

Curious 01-02-2007 06:44 PM

Attachment 620 bf!

i'm glad the interview went well. :D

befuddled2 01-02-2007 07:31 PM

Thank you Di and Curious.

Di, I have Klnopin but it dopes me up too much to drive.

Curious, thank you for the lucky star.

I'm off to watch one of my favorite T.V. shows.

befuddled2

waves 01-02-2007 07:56 PM

good job (no pun intended!)

Wooo Hooo, good going, You!!!

:Dancing-Chilli:

That is so great you were able to hold your cool while there... that can happen to me too - i think to a lot of people - to "fall apart" to whatever degree after a stressful event.

So... pray tell, if you feel like sharing... how did the job and all around situation sound to you? Are you already set on the next round of interviews or do you have concerns?

for now i send you ((( hugs ))) and a pat on back!

~ waves ~

bizi 01-03-2007 12:22 AM

Wow!!!
this is great news!
I too am weaiting to hear how the "next" interview went if that is what you want to do.
I once had to give a speech infront of a bunch of folks for a leadership training class/school for the military....
I was so nevous afterward taht all of my notes and papers went flying out of my hand when I went to sit down...
lol
((((HUGS))))
bizi

befuddled2 01-03-2007 02:14 AM

Thank you Waves and Bizi.

Waves, the overall job sounds like a completely different experience than I will ever have for awhile. Like with any job I've ever had it will have upleasantries but one thing I do like is that I will have time for homework as half the month the mini storage business is dead business wise.

Bizi, I had to chuckle as your scattering of papers sounds like something out of a comedy movie. I know at the time it is hard on the person it is happening to. Today my mouth was so dry during the interview that all I could think about was whether the manager could see the sticky stuff on my mouth from being so dry.

befuddled2

waves 01-03-2007 10:47 PM

So, so...

did you call today... any news?

thinking of you.

~ waves ~ sends you warm wishes

befuddled2 01-04-2007 04:48 PM

Hi Waves,

The manager did not call today but I plan to call her tomorrow. I haven't a clue what to say to her though.

befuddled2

DiMarie 01-04-2007 11:24 PM

Maybe not what you do say but it is more what you don't say.

This is a start into the job market for you, a steping stone. You could say something like it will be nice to be part of a team again, I would forward to becoming part of your agency.

If this pace is good for you, the work light enough and a start, then it can be that a start. Especially during the slow times.
Hope you find your answers BF
Di