NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   My Cats (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/10194-cats.html)

Lynn52 01-03-2007 12:37 AM

My Cats

I just happened to notice this thread and thought I'd join in. I have 9 beautiful cats, every color, size, etc. Some large some small some average. I love them and they love me and are such a comfort to my chronic pain. Cats are wonderful in knowing when we feel pain and need comfort. I have one male cat who is 13 years old still frisky as a kitten. By the way all of my cats have been neutered. I guess you might say I have started my own home for stray cats as no one seems to want the ones I'm caring for. I did take some orphans to a shelter as I can no longer care for more than 9 cats. They become expensive after you have that many. I also have a big 12 year old Beagle stray who showed up at my home. The Vet estimated his age to be 12-years old as his teet are pretty worn and he has poor eyesight. His only fault is his howling at nights and treeing my cats thinking that he is treeing possums or other prey. HAHA!! You can't help but laugh but he never harms the cats and has a scratched nose from cat scratches poor fellow.

Could any of you tell me how to copy and paste on here. I can do that in my letters but have a hard time figuring it out on here or some reason. I was wanting to copy and paste some of my cats to show you.

Lynn:)

~KELLWANTSANSWERS~ 01-05-2007 10:55 PM

Hi Lynn
Sounds like you have quite a lil family there..LOL
I would love to see your pics of all your kitties and your stray beagle!
I use photobucket to store my pictures..It's alot easier to put them on here and it's free.
You just upload your pics there into a photo album -then copy and paste as usual.Right onto your message here.
If you dont wanna do all that-just look down under your message here where it says manage attachments and follow directions..We can just click on your links and view them!
I have 3 kitties now ..I would probably be like you and have lots more if i could though..:D
Your right,they can sense when we dont feel right.Whether it be mentally or physically.
Especially my Felix,he is 6 yrs old now and he has always been right by my side after i had a surgery.Yet he knew not to step on whatever part was just fixed..Some dont believe me..Yet i swear it's true..He is my lil buddy!
I'll be looking for those pics..
Take care

Chemar 01-06-2007 08:31 AM

Hi Lyn and thanks for sharing about your kitty family! How wonderful that you are providing a loving home for them...and for the beagle buddy:p

We currently have four cats...2 seniors, 15 & 16yo (mom and daughter) and 2 lil brothers who recently joined our family. We adopted them from a cat rescue group, as they were part of an abandoned litter. They have brought so much joy to our family, especially as we got them during a time of heartache after our JR terrier died.

As Kell explained so well, uploading photos here is real easy, either as stored images at a place like
or as attached photos uploaded from your computer

Looking forward to seeing your fabulous felines:D

sadeyesr4ever 01-07-2007 07:19 AM

I can't wait to see your kitties!! :)

mrsD 01-07-2007 09:57 AM

Rescue ME: <wink>

I thought I'd share this photo, my son's roommate took of his
adopted rescue kitty. She is just newly an adult, and a dark shorthair
tortoiseshell. He just moved into a "townhouse" type apartment with a
basement, and an upstairs.

She was an eccentric kitten, and is fine tuning her eccentric traits as I type
this. But one thing she loves is howling in the new basement (which echos).
She is neutered, so I guess it is just a left over side effect?

I think this pic is rather "arty" in style. I don't think he expected it to look
quite so intense! LOLOL You are going to have to click on the picture to see
it best.