NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Dysautonomia-overlap disease? (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/102279-dysautonomia-overlap-disease.html)

Nicknerd 09-04-2009 01:19 AM

Dysautonomia-overlap disease?

Hey guys,

I've had some symptoms that have been going on for a long time now and havne't been able to get a diagnosis for. I'm begining to think it's dysautonomia. When it's really hot, when I walk for a bit (not far at all), my hands swell like balloons. I also have Mitral valve prolapse, am very flexible, get a racing heart beat about 30-mins. after eating, feel faint often when doing any kind of exercise (even before the MG), and I've actually NEVER been able to tolerate heat. My mom reminded me of when I was very young, I'd sleep with the fan on all year long. One time, in February (freezing cold outside), when I was 15, I slept on the balcony of my grandma's apartment because I could not take the heat. When I stand, my bp goes down instead of up...It's not a 'major' difference, but my doc. confirmed it. I also sweat profusely. In a way, I'm hoping it's dysautonomia because it's better than heart failure or pulmonary disease...Argh...I wish these symptoms would go away...Sorry, I sorta wanted to share this and just vent a bit...

Does anyone here have dysautonomia as well as MG?

nicky

Joanmarie63 09-05-2009 08:19 AM

I am so sorry you are suffering like that. I have no clue as to what could be wrong but I hope your Dr finds out soon.

AnnieB3 09-05-2009 11:36 AM

You have "heat" in Canada? ;)

Sounds like an autonomic problem to me. The "sweat test" is one of the ones they do. I've had that crap tested for but I was ok. Now they think I may have orthostatic intolerance but I am done with testing for the moment.

Isn't it funny, and stupid, the way we ignore our health problems? I can say stupid because I ignored mine my entire life too. I still can't believe I've had myasthenia forever. Though I would never call you stupid, Nicky! You are very smart.

I definitely think you should have the autonomic testing done. Does someone in Canada do it?

I would say that an endocrine source could be a possibility except that if it were endocrine for that long, you would be much sicker.

That really stinks. And I thought hot flashes were bad. Can't imagine an entire life of that! You deserve a medal; or a cold suit to wear.

Annie

Heat Intolerant 09-12-2009 01:35 AM

Have you gone to the DINET site?

When I read through old posts there, at least one person had been diagnosed with both.

Does your heart race at other times too? How flexible are you?

Pat 110 09-12-2009 11:20 AM

Hey Nicky,

I'm sorry you are suffering with this on top of the MG. I hope you find the right Dr. for a diagnoses and treatment soon. Take care and I'll be keeping good thoughts.;)

Hugs,
Pat