NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Denied a public defender (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/102978-denied-public-defender.html)

befuddled2 09-14-2009 01:32 PM

Denied a public defender

Hi all,

I was denied a public defender today at the courthouse. So tomorrow I have an appointment with a private attorney. I am very anxious to see what he says. This is in regards to the court case my ex next door neigbhor has against me for a noise violation.

barbara

bizi 09-14-2009 08:07 PM

Dear Barbara, I jsut find it so hard to swallow that you are going to have to hire a lawyer for a noise violation....I jsut shake my head. Couldn't there jsut be a fine to pay. I don't understand. Is it a case of her word against yours? HOw could either party win?
bizi:(

Dmom3005 09-14-2009 08:58 PM

Barb

This also has to do with your having a hearing issue right. So I would also look into a disability lawyer, I believe you might be entitled to one.

I would do it under the hard of hearing issue. Or the fact that you couldn't
hear how loud the noise was type thing. And I would make sure things are
listed that might have also happened to contribute to this.

I have been thinking on this. Its possible that you irritated the neighbor not realizing it when you couldn't hear her. By not reacting when she was talking to you. I'm wondering if you might have a whole different issue here.

donna

Jomar 09-14-2009 09:20 PM

excellent tips Donna.
that is something to be sure to stress to the attorney.
if there is a drs report or note about your hearing levels -take a copy of those to the atty.

befuddled2 09-14-2009 10:29 PM

Thank you all. That is a good thing to bring up about my hard of hearing.

My ex next door neighbor was jealous of me cause another neighbor, a male. had showed interest in me when she wanted him. That is it in a nutshell.

barbara

Dmom3005 09-14-2009 10:33 PM

Barb

I just think you need to use all that is possible. And its definately
possible that you just didn't know it was loud. And its possible that
she told you and you didn't hear her.

Donna

Twinkletoes 09-15-2009 12:20 AM

Barbara, I was thinking about you today. My DIL called and said she'd had to call the cops b/c her neighbor (they live in a duplex) was harrassing her about banging on the walls. He also said that he had video proof that her husband was coming in his house and stealing his pills. Sheesh!

The guy is just plain nuts!

Good luck with your lawyer and your court case. :hug:

befuddled2 09-15-2009 01:23 AM

Thank you all. The judge found me guilty on just the sole word of the ex neigbhor who took me to court. I had sworn statements to show the judge what a shady character she is but the judge would not even look at it. I want justice and all Bobby could say was be good and nothing bad will happend. What happened to honor and justice. He sure as hell thinks it's okay for him to fight for honer and justice when in a war. I'm not happy with Bobby at all tonight. I wrote him a little not to give to him tomorrow or put on his windshield.

barbara

Mari 09-15-2009 02:23 AM

Dear Barbara,
I don't understand any of this.
So I will say that I am sorry that you are going through it.

M.

befuddled2 09-15-2009 05:51 AM

Hi Mari,

It does get rahter complicated and even I don't understand it all. Maybe I can clarify it one day soon.

barbara