NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   3mm aneurysm and pregnant (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/103435-3mm-aneurysm-pregnant.html)

lopezgpat 09-20-2009 03:57 AM

3mm aneurysm and pregnant

Hi,

I just found out that I have a 3mm aneurysm on the left side behind the eye. I found this becuase I had a sudden headache followed with blurred vision and partial numbness to the face. Doctors say it is not related to the aneurysm and it was just a coincidence that they found it. I am 36 weeks pregnant and I'm very scared and confused about all of this. I am scheduled to have a C-section on October 7th, couple of days after that, I will have an angiogram to find out if there is something they can do about it. I have been reading a lot about aneurysms and hope there is something that can be done. I am very scared. Patti

lifesaver54 09-20-2009 12:42 PM

Hugs patti,

I think I would be scared too. Would a call to your OB/GYN help soothe your worries? I am glad you are having a c-section. It will take the stress off your blood vessels and be safer for you in this situation it sounds like.

It is scary just having a new baby---you have a huge added stress and worry. Over the next few weeks take care of you and the baby, that is the best thing you can do.

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing--
lifesaver54

(Broken Wings) 09-21-2009 08:28 AM

If your OB/GYN is not too excited, I would think it will be okay. You do have reason to worry. Oct 7 is not too far off.

You need to get plenty rest and take care of you and baby.

Trust in the Lord. It'll be okay. :hug:

karen46 09-21-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lopezgpat (Post 568519)
Hi,

I just found out that I have a 3mm aneurysm on the left side behind the eye. I found this becuase I had a sudden headache followed with blurred vision and partial numbness to the face. Doctors say it is not related to the aneurysm and it was just a coincidence that they found it. I am 36 weeks pregnant and I'm very scared and confused about all of this. I am scheduled to have a C-section on October 7th, couple of days after that, I will have an angiogram to find out if there is something they can do about it. I have been reading a lot about aneurysms and hope there is something that can be done. I am very scared. Patti

Hi Patti, I am glad to hear you say that. I had an aneurysm coiled eighteen months ago. I had serious bouts of blurred vision and the doctors said it was not related to the aneurysm ... I think it is too much of a coincidence and think I was lucky to have had a warning. Mine was found shortly before Christmas and the doctors were happy to send me home to enjoy Christmas before coming back for my op, but I chose not to and mine was 7 mm. I know it is scary but the good thing is they know it is there and they will be able to treat it. Sometimes, if an aneurysm is small they don't need to treat it, they will just keep an eye on it as time goes by.

NurseNancy 09-21-2009 09:17 PM

hi karen and welcome to NT.
i'd be nervous if i was in your situation but i'm glad your drs have a handle on things.

i'd suggest being aware of your blood pressure. that can go up during pregnancy and MIGHT have an impact on the aneurysm. but, i'm not a dr and i know your dr knows best.

congratulations on your new baby. is it a boy or girl?
i used to work in the NICU and have seen many, many women come thru c-sections with flying colors. just give yourself time to recover.

azoyizes 09-24-2009 12:10 PM

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...touanimals.jpg

Hello Patti, and welcome to NT! We're so glad you found us! :)

soxmom 09-24-2009 12:55 PM

Welcome and gentle hugs to you. I hope you are able to have a problem
free delivery and that they find a solution to your medical problem thereafter.
Good luck with everything.