NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Uncomfortably Numb (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/103629-uncomfortably-numb.html)

Kitty 09-22-2009 02:41 PM

Uncomfortably Numb

My toes on both of my feet are going numb. My feet feel "sandy".....I know those who've experienced this sensory sx know what I mean. So.....my right hand and most of my right arm and both feet are now numb. I'm wondering if it's all the humidity we've had here for the past week & the barometric pressure being so unstable or if I'm going into a full blown exacerbation. :rolleyes: The last time I had this type of numbness in my feet/legs was way back in 2003 - before I was dx but now I know that was one of my first attacks. The fun just never ends!!

karousel 09-22-2009 03:39 PM

Kitty I hope it's just sx's and not the start of a flare. My toes will sometimes go numb and I always wonder what will happen. Luckily, it goes away in a day or so. I hope this happens for you.

CarolM 09-22-2009 04:08 PM

Are you coming down with a cold or flu? My toes go numb when I run a fever. It's usually the first sign that I've caught something thanks to the flare where I went numb from the waist down. The first time it happenned I was freaked out to put it mildly. Now I go and take my temperature.

C

barb02 09-22-2009 05:18 PM

My left foot has that sandy feeling. At times it is worse, but my left foot and toes are always partially numb. I also realized about a month ago that the toes on my right foot are also partially numb. I hope that you are not having a flare. I may also be having one. My entire left leg is more stiff than usual. Usually it is just stiff from the knee down.

Kitty 09-22-2009 05:54 PM

I hope you're not having a flare, too, Barb. I've had this sx before and it usually works itself out in a few days. I'm not going to assume the worst....yet. I'll give it a few days and see what it's going to do. Not that it really matters.....it's gonna do whatever it wants! :rolleyes: I keep a sx log in a Word document I keep saved on the computer. I'll just add this to the list.

Edit To Add: Now I have imaginary bugs crawling on my head!

MSCherokee 09-22-2009 08:39 PM

I know that "sandy" feeling all too well. I'm hoping it's just the humidity doing it to you - it tends to do a number on all my sensory symptoms.

Oh, and be careful of those imaginary bugs! I'm so used to the MS creepy crawlies that I tend to ignore the feeling. Did that one time and I really had a spider crawling on me - YUK! LOL

SallyC 09-22-2009 08:43 PM

(((((Kelly & Barb)))))) I hope it's just the weather..Feel better soon.:)

ewizabeth 09-22-2009 08:45 PM

Kitty and Barb... :hug: :hug: I hope that neither of you is having a flare. Before I started Tysabri that would happen to me often but not be a flare.

If I get a fever, it gets bad, my legs and spine get the jelly feeling and it's very hard to walk. Make sure you aren't coming down with something else.

Twinkletoes 09-22-2009 09:33 PM

Oh dear, Kitty and Barb02. That's not the kind of news I like to hear.

Worried for you both. Please be well. :hug::hug:

Kitty 09-23-2009 10:42 AM

Hello! Well, wish I had better news to report but now both feet are totally numb and it's creeping up my legs. It doesn't hinder me being able to walk other than it feels weird. But....I've been through this before and lived to tell about it! :rolleyes: Hey, at least I can still come here and order some cheese with my whine!! :cool: :D