NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   I'm Bummed (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/103826-im-bummed.html)

azoyizes 09-24-2009 12:54 PM

I'm Bummed

I had an appointment with my neuro today, and he told me that he is moving in January to Charlottesville, VA. I cried. I've been seeing him for three years now, and he's been the best neurologist I've ever had! :Bawling: :hissyfit:

He explained that two of the other neurologists in the practice are going to divide up the MS patients.

If anyone lives in or near Charlottesville and is looking for a great neurologist, his name is Christopher Scherer, MD.

Debbie D 09-24-2009 01:13 PM

So sorry you're losing your partner in the fight...hope you can find one that "fits"...:hug:
Just don't put off finding one soon...you don't want to be without one!

karousel 09-24-2009 04:14 PM

Well that sucks. It's so hard to find a good neuro - it's a shame he is moving.

Jules A 09-24-2009 05:18 PM

I'm so sorry you are losing your Doctor. That is very difficult.

NurseNancy 09-24-2009 05:22 PM

i'm sorry you're losing a good dr. i know how painful that is. it's happened to me twice, pcp's.

i hope the other ones work out.

azoyizes 09-24-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie D (Post 570274)
So sorry you're losing your partner in the fight...hope you can find one that "fits"...:hug:
Just don't put off finding one soon...you don't want to be without one!

Two of the partners are going to divide up the MS patients. So, I'll go to whomever they pick.

SallyC 09-24-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoyizes (Post 570463)
Two of the partners are going to divide up the MS patients. So, I'll go to whomever they pick.

I hope you get the best one..:hug:

Twinkletoes 09-25-2009 12:24 AM

A quick check on Mapquest tells me that Charlottesville, VA is only 2 hours away from Salem. The closest Neuro to me is 2 hours away (I live in the sticks!)

C'mon, if you like him that much, drive the 2 hours once or twice a year. I'd think it would be worth the trip. :)

Jappy 09-25-2009 06:46 PM

Maryann know how you feel. In my first 10yrs. of ms I had one of
the most understandable neuro's I think you could find. I also cried when I found out that he was leaving to take on administrative work.

Actually he was the one who dx me after all the ten years of fighting the
other drs.

Yes I was supposed to get his partner then they brought in another
dr. I felt OK because I didn't like his partner. Well only me, the new replacement was not any better. Stayed with him, there wasn't much of a
choice where I lived.

Hoping all will go well for you.

Jappy :hug:

azoyizes 09-26-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 570525)
A quick check on Mapquest tells me that Charlottesville, VA is only 2 hours away from Salem. The closest Neuro to me is 2 hours away (I live in the sticks!)

C'mon, if you like him that much, drive the 2 hours once or twice a year. I'd think it would be worth the trip. :)

Good idea, but it won't work. I've just begun Tysabri (first infusion was yesterday), and my infusion center is in the building of my neuro's clinic. I think it would make things too difficult.

Plus, I found out that my neuro who is leaving is going to be working at a hospital there.

I think I need to stay where I am for now.