NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Medications & Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/)
-   -   Feel like I'm being controlled... (https://www.neurotalk.org/medications-and-treatments/104193-feel-im-controlled.html)

PapaChulos4U 09-28-2009 05:42 PM

Feel like I'm being controlled...

Hello all,

First of all, I am a newbie to the forum, so thank you for having me.

Now, for the question at hand. I have been taking Adderall 20mg twice a day for the past year and a half. Over that time, my grades have never been better, I have been happier (overall at least), and I am much, MORE productive.

However, there are times when I take the meds and I feel like a completely different person and that I am being controlled by the medication or someone else. I am also much more irritable than before and confrontational (this is a mixed blessing actually: I used to be very shy and not willing to speak my mind, now I have a much easier time doing so). When I get mad, I get VERY mad and cannot calm myself down. The biggest problem, though, is that I find myself doing things that I know I should not be doing yet unable to stop doing them. After I realize that I should stop, I do, until I take the medicine again and I feel invincible and that I will never get in trouble for my wrongdoings.

Has anyone experienced this!? Please let me know, I am near dire straits!

Thank you!

Hockey 09-28-2009 07:56 PM

Hi,

I've never taken Adderall, but I'm sure that other members will be able to address your question.

I just wanted to welcome you to NT!:Tip-Hat:

jackie66 09-29-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaChulos4U (Post 571978)
Hello all,

First of all, I am a newbie to the forum, so thank you for having me.

Now, for the question at hand. I have been taking Adderall 20mg twice a day for the past year and a half. Over that time, my grades have never been better, I have been happier (overall at least), and I am much, MORE productive.

However, there are times when I take the meds and I feel like a completely different person and that I am being controlled by the medication or someone else. I am also much more irritable than before and confrontational (this is a mixed blessing actually: I used to be very shy and not willing to speak my mind, now I have a much easier time doing so). When I get mad, I get VERY mad and cannot calm myself down. The biggest problem, though, is that I find myself doing things that I know I should not be doing yet unable to stop doing them. After I realize that I should stop, I do, until I take the medicine again and I feel invincible and that I will never get in trouble for my wrongdoings.

Has anyone experienced this!? Please let me know, I am near dire straits!

Thank you!

I think you are suffering from the addictive effects of that drug. Your question should be directed at the Doctor who prescribed them for you. Do not stop taking them abruptly.