NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Ok, has anyone experienced this? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/104350-ok-experienced.html)

gershonb 09-30-2009 01:51 AM

Ok, has anyone experienced this?

Hi this is gershonb and I've posted elsewhere about my concussions. I'm finally getting evaluated, 42 years late, for all that.

Anyway, something has happened to me quite a few times when I'm just falling asleep. I'll just be drifting off, and then I feel an intense "BANG" on the right front of my head, as if someone threw a basketball at it with all their might. There's usually a big yellow flash of light, and then I'm upright, trying to deal with the adrenaline.

Has anyone else had these, or something like them?

gershonb

vini 09-30-2009 04:18 AM

yes

hi
yes very similar events on occasion, my partner say I also fit in my sleep don,t know why, cant remember it happening, before injury, but the drop off point in the sleep cycle can produce some strange effects in every one

gershonb 09-30-2009 11:51 PM

Hi Vini

Thanks for the reply. I don't know what is a "fit in my sleep" but my late wife used to tell me I struggled for breath a lot. Turns out it was central apnea. I finally got a clear result on all that in 2001. I try to be on time, but in this stuff I get everything done late...

gershonb

Mark in Idaho 10-06-2009 01:25 AM

I have experienced the same phenomenon. To me, it is more like a bang sound with the flash of light.

If is become chronic, I would ask you doc about an EEG with a sleep segment. There are things that happen just as the brain is falling asleep.

Dmom3005 10-06-2009 12:36 PM

Vini

A sleep test might do well to help prove your problems. And it sounds
much like you might have partial seizures in your sleep is what you
are meaning.

To answer the not knowing what a fit is.

Donna

sarahin 10-06-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gershonb (Post 573006)
Hi Vini

Thanks for the reply. I don't know what is a "fit in my sleep" but my late wife used to tell me I struggled for breath a lot. Turns out it was central apnea. I finally got a clear result on all that in 2001. I try to be on time, but in this stuff I get everything done late...

gershonb

It sounds like sleep study would be a good idea. If you have central apnea and it is occuring at night you might be a good candidate for something called VPAP. It is fairly new. VPAP works well for central apnea. It is like CPAP, but CPAP works much better on obstructive sleep apnea. Check with your doctor.