NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/)
-   -   a quick question about vBulletin... (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/1047-quick-question-vbulletin.html)

mrsD 09-18-2006 03:39 PM

a quick question about vBulletin...

I have noticed in members' list that some members have N/A under date
last visited.

Does anyone know why? I checked a couple and some had been here
yesterday or today...by posting history. So how does that N/A appear?

I checked the forum options, and there is no spot to click there to effect that option.

Any thoughts?

Also I'd like to say, I visited on Fri from a friend's computer.
I logged in and got the welcome screen, but anytime I went to a forum,
the log in was lost... if I logged in again, it was lost when I tried to post
immediately. I gave up. But I found that very puzzling.
BTW-- I always "log out" when I am done posting here... and I do not get N/A on my member info.

Wittesea 09-19-2006 09:35 AM

I think the people who have N/A in the date last visited slot are the members who choose to be "invisible".

I choose to be invisible (old habit just to choose that option) - does N/A appear in that column next to my name on your screen?

Curious 09-19-2006 10:18 AM

mrsd, your friends computer may not have been allowing cookies. bt2 wouldn't recognize you from page to page. hence the log out.

wittesea is correct. in hidden mode the users date of last visit will not show up. yeppers...wittesea...you have an n/a. :)

shotspine 09-19-2006 08:19 PM

I am also in invisible mode but everything shows up in the membership list. Why? Is it just for me or? Somebody, please tell me what you see under shotspine. Not only in the columns but also above where it tells last visited/where I'm at on forum.
Thanks so much!

shotspine

Curious 09-19-2006 11:04 PM

join 8/24/06
39 posts
last visit n/a

there ya go shotspine. :D

mrsD 09-20-2006 08:20 AM

Thanks....to everyone who commented---

I was always invisible on OBT but I don't recall that N/A showed up for me on my own profile. If it ever returns I'll check that out.

I have NOT used invisible feature here however, but Witt and Shotspine do
show up as N/A.

Maybe it has something to do with the software updates, the newer versions
creating it?

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I have noticed that our members list has an enormously higher number of active posters. The OBT one had tons (up to 50%) 0 posts for many of the members.
I guess they perhaps may have been alternate IDs never used? So I find that interesting too...a more involved active group here!

Wittesea 09-20-2006 09:19 AM

When you choose "invisible" mode, the information about last login, etc... is still available to you when you are logged in.

I'm invisible, but when I look at my own profile it tells me when I last logged in, and when I look at the members list it tells me the date of my last visit.... but it doesnt give that info to anyone else. (that's why I had to ask mrsd if N/A appeared next to my name on her screen).

shotspine 09-20-2006 04:20 PM

Thanks! I've wondered that for a long time, just never asked.

Mrsd......that is interesting about names vs posts. People have not had time to make enemies yet (?) so haven't needed so many aliases? I hope it stays this way.