NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Question About Exercise (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/105008-question-exercise.html)

Evonne 10-07-2009 10:35 PM

Question About Exercise

I have been walking 30 minutes a day on my health walker. During exercise, I break out in cold sweats and get the chills. This is a new thing for me. Just wondering if anybody else experiences this. I would appreciate any feelback.

Thanks,

Evonne

carolynpolack 10-12-2009 12:06 PM

Keep Moving - your Fibro may be in the way of a good workout

Hi dear,
I started having that problem several months ago when, as I am kind of self diagnosing, developed fibro from a neurological and degenerative disc problem throughout the neck. I am an avid exerciser, and the symptoms arising were extra sweating, uncoordination/wobbling, much soreness the next day/difficulty recovering from the exercise/feeling weak and flu-like afterward. I started Lyrica 4 days ago, 50mg 3x per day, and it seems ALL the nerves and their pathways have really calmed down. It's amazing. Tell me what you are taking or doing medically . . .

Carolyn

Evonne 10-14-2009 04:47 PM

I have tried Cymbalta and felt stoned out of my mind so the doctor told me to stop taking it. I have tried Robaxin 750 mg three times a day, Flexeril 5 mg three times a day, and now Valium 10 mg three times a day. I am on Effexor 75 mg. and I am supposed to double my dose but I want to wait until I get used to the Valium. My personal opinion is that I have PD and not Fibro. The main reason I think that is because my stiffness just hasn't been relieved at all by anything except for PD meds. I took Mirapex for six months because Neuro thought there was a 50% chance I had PD based on cogwheel rigidity and tremor. He didn't think that the medication was helping enough and thought that there was more going on. It is a very long story. If you are interested, I posted a post in the PD forum titled "Hello Again" and you might get a better picture of me if you read it and some of my older posts. The reason that I haven't tried Lyrica is because it tends to increase blood sugar and I am a type one diabetic that lives attached to an insulin pump 24 hours a day. It is hard enough to keep my blood sugar stable without throwing a medication that might make managing my diabetes even more difficult into the mix.

Thanks for your response. :0)

Evonne

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolynpolack (Post 577374)
Hi dear,
I started having that problem several months ago when, as I am kind of self diagnosing, developed fibro from a neurological and degenerative disc problem throughout the neck. I am an avid exerciser, and the symptoms arising were extra sweating, uncoordination/wobbling, much soreness the next day/difficulty recovering from the exercise/feeling weak and flu-like afterward. I started Lyrica 4 days ago, 50mg 3x per day, and it seems ALL the nerves and their pathways have really calmed down. It's amazing. Tell me what you are taking or doing medically . . .

Carolyn

tamiloo 10-23-2009 01:59 PM

I have become a great one at sweating standing still. Since my surgery a year ago and this sping having a huge flare. I find myself at times sweating and having chills at the same time...starting at my shoulders and going down my back...when I'm cold I ache badly.

hopea_oc 10-27-2009 04:57 AM

I too have almost constant sweating and chills, but it does seem to be mostly when I'm ill. I'm currently phasing off Cymbalta to switch to Savella. I now know that the Cymbalta was definitely working cause I'm really flared up. Not just with FB pain but the pain caused my bio-mechanical and arthritis too. I'm hoping the Savella will tone down or eliminate the 10 days or so per month where I am in too much pain to function. I've tried flexerall and other muscle relaxants but they just put me to sleep during the day. Lyrica doesn't do much for my pain but it does help with tingling, though "tingling" is really insufficient to describe the electrical sensations I get when not medicated.