NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Flaring pattern question? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/106209-flaring-pattern-question.html)

Hope15 10-20-2009 04:07 PM

Flaring pattern question?

When this condition first hit me, my first symptom was burning down the side of my left leg and then the burning hit both legs all over up to the knees. It then went on over a six week period to spread body wide going to my entire back, arms, hands, and trunk as well. It was consistent, extremely painful, and an everyday event. The doctors were unable to find a cause. After several months, the pain that I felt in certain parts of my body got better, My trunk, arms and hands especially, except for stinging little flares now and then. In other areas things remained the same. I always have leg pains, but that first initial sensation of the burning all over down both legs into the feet below the knees has suddenly returned. It's hard to describe, but it almost feels like the neuropathy is starting over again in the same way that it began. I am experiencing the same pattern. I'm trying not to get too upset and though I know I could be getting worse again, is there any possibility that it could be a bad flare? This started three days ago. Do patterns like that ever happen? It's just devastating to feel improvement and then everything returns. I know so many of you have been through that. I still really want to have hope, and I return to the stickies regularly to the "neuropathy does improve" section to try and boost that hope.....

jarrett622 10-21-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hope15 (Post 580468)
When this condition first hit me, my first symptom was burning down the side of my left leg and then the burning hit both legs all over up to the knees. It then went on over a six week period to spread body wide going to my entire back, arms, hands, and trunk as well. It was consistent, extremely painful, and an everyday event. The doctors were unable to find a cause. After several months, the pain that I felt in certain parts of my body got better, My trunk, arms and hands especially, except for stinging little flares now and then. In other areas things remained the same. I always have leg pains, but that first initial sensation of the burning all over down both legs into the feet below the knees has suddenly returned. It's hard to describe, but it almost feels like the neuropathy is starting over again in the same way that it began. I am experiencing the same pattern. I'm trying not to get too upset and though I know I could be getting worse again, is there any possibility that it could be a bad flare? This started three days ago. Do patterns like that ever happen? It's just devastating to feel improvement and then everything returns. I know so many of you have been through that. I still really want to have hope, and I return to the stickies regularly to the "neuropathy does improve" section to try and boost that hope.....

Have you noticed a flare pattern that follows the weather? I have! Grrrr! I've been in extreme (for me anyway) pain for the past couple of weeks or so. If the weather would settle to one side or the other, summer or fall, I'd have less pain. :rolleyes:

pabb 10-21-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hope15 (Post 580468)

?vitamin D level?

Hope15 10-21-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrett622 (Post 580728)
Have you noticed a flare pattern that follows the weather? I have! Grrrr! I've been in extreme (for me anyway) pain for the past couple of weeks or so. If the weather would settle to one side or the other, summer or fall, I'd have less pain. :rolleyes:

I hear you, sometimes the weather can do strange things to me too. So frustrating! :(

Hope15 10-21-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabb (Post 580741)
?vitamin D level?

You know, I have never had my vitamin D level checked I don't think. I've had all of the other tests though. Is there something about anything I said that brought that up? Any suggestions would be most appreciated. :o

mrsD 10-22-2009 08:23 AM

There is a poster here...Mark... who had chronic body PN.

He found that he was low in Vit D and took the supplement, and is better. I'll see if I can find his posts for you to read:

be back....

edit-- here is the Vit D thread Mark is on:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread43954.html
Some good links in it too.

If you search him on member's list...you can find posts with his
symptoms.

nide44 10-22-2009 11:32 AM

I started taking Vit D about 6 weeks ago.
Coudn't hurt !??!!
I became swayed after reading the posts here.