NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   A particularly good batch (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/106629-particularly-batch.html)

freeinhou 10-26-2009 12:01 PM

A particularly good batch

I spent the last week with my parents in Tennessee. As usual, I went to the local barber and got a haircut and a quart of moonshine.

It was a particularly good batch this time. So I went back and got a few more mason jars of the stuff. Yummy! I guess it's the competition. The county was dry up until this year. Now they gots some legal competition...

Next shuttle launch moved out to November 16th, 1:20 pm CDT.

Tom

SallyC 10-26-2009 12:53 PM

It's not nice, not to share, Tom..:mad:

Do not share with the Astronauts..:eek:

Riverwild 10-26-2009 07:05 PM

LOL! Nothing like a good batch of moonshine!

I always wondered if they allow astronauts to take a bottle along with them. :confused: It seems fair snce they aren't working 24/7!

Anyone know where the name "moonshine" came from in regards to that lovely clear liquor?:p

Thanks for the update. How's that haircut look?:D
(my man refuses to go to any barber except for his guy where he lived as a young man! It doesn't make me happy to have him look like a scrug for months since he waits for months before getting a haircut!)

AfterMyNap 10-26-2009 07:52 PM

Careful, Tom, it hasn't escaped any of us that you were actually on a secret mission to get the needed batch of fuel for the next shuttle mission. :D

RW, I DO know where the name came from! Courtesy of the Discovery Channel. *choke... sniffle, sniffle* I love those guys.

legzzalot 10-26-2009 08:10 PM

You know Tom...I am officially off most of my meds....which means I can drink finally *well, maybe in about another week I can drink*!!! So pass it on over there buddy boy!

Dejibo 10-26-2009 08:37 PM

Does it hold a good bead? if you shake it, do the bubbles stay on the top of the surface for a good while, or do they fizzle quickly? Holding a good bead, is a sign of a good batch.

Enjoy! :D

braingonebad 10-27-2009 08:12 AM

I've heard that, about moonshine, the bead thing. Never tried the stuff, but am curious.

So, how's TN this time of year?

Aarcyn 10-27-2009 03:13 PM

every time I see this post I think of brownies...

kicker 10-27-2009 03:49 PM

Aarcyn - what kind of brownies?

For the ladies - My "Hootch" joke (Is that another name for Moonshine?"

A Lady was driving along while visiting Tennessee. She saw a woman walking down the road who looked like she might like a ride, so picked her up. That lady was very quiet so the car owner lady started talking" I'm on a vacation and visiting relatives, I got a quart of Moonshine for my husband."

The other lady looked at her, said "good trade."