NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/106664-fatigue.html)

PatriciaQ 10-26-2009 06:56 PM

Fatigue

I get it I have MS heh Fatigue how do you cope with it tho,
Fatigue lately, wondering, any ideas?
If u could let me know it'd be great. :wink:

Thax, Takcare.

Kitty 10-26-2009 07:08 PM

Seems like many of us are suffering with fatigue right now. Must be the change of seasons.

I don't work outside the home any longer so it's easier for me to take breaks whenever I feel the need.

I just do what I feel I can and if I need to stop and rest I do. I just don't push myself to do more than I'm comfortable with anymore. It's just not worth it.

Maybe a nap in the afternoon would help....if you can manage it. I've found I just have to remain flexible 'cos just as soon as I think I have something figured out it changes on me! :rolleyes:

PatriciaQ 10-26-2009 07:28 PM

"Nap" in the afternoon never thought of it, can't seem to setteled down enough tho too I do alot more than I should awful of me :o going to give it a try tho, any advice I get Im trying it :wink: Thax a bunch. It's Def the change of season u r right on about it.

Hopefuly Fatigue gets better & better for alot of ppl its ant the funnest thing at all.

I got an awful bedtime habit tho :rolleyes:
Takcare, thanx you for all your advice/help :grouphug:

Kitty 10-26-2009 07:41 PM

Have you tried Provigil? I take it as needed.....like if I know I'm going to miss my afternoon siesta I'll take one and it works like a charm. I can take 1/2 a pill and get the same effect so I've started doing that. They're expensive if you don't have insurance.

doydie 10-26-2009 11:50 PM

Are you on any medicine for it? I don't know what your family situation is like but you really have top learn the word 'delegate'. And don't be embarrassed for it. I am overweight and had a lot of trouble sleeping at night so I had a sleep study done and am now using a C-Pap and it does help some. Avoid being over heated whether it is overheated because of work or exercise or the actual heat

Organize. I live in a bi level so I have to really think about what I need when I go downstairs because I don't want to make to many trips of it.

And have a 30 year old daughter and son in law that love to cook the big dinners. That's the best one! I'll take their turkey and dressing over anyones.

Dejibo 10-27-2009 07:34 AM

a caffiene drink, a break, a nap, learning when your "up" periods are and getting things done then. Learning when your "down" periods are, and scheduling quiet time. There are meds but some are pricey and some are not covered by insurances. I find the change of seasons throws me into a spin, and as it gets level, so do i.

:hug:

kicker 10-27-2009 10:13 AM

I take Amantadine 2x a day. After lunch I lie down quiet, read and sometimes fall asleep. PPMS friend same thing I thought to me - sometimes sleeping in stead of 2 hours quiet time - makes me "groggy upon awaking. Take my 2nd Amantadine then and glass of juice and kids' arrival home from school tends to get me going as much as I can. Provigil did not help me, but helps others. DH wants to do this, than that, but I've learned one big thing is enough and allot my time like that.

SallyC 10-27-2009 11:10 AM

Yep, this is definately the nap time of year, for us MSers. (((((Cinderbrat))))))