NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   From bad to worse (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/107187-bad-worse.html)

krank 11-03-2009 01:46 PM

From bad to worse

Hi everyone. This is really hard to say. My wife just found out that she has rhuematoid arthritis. We were handling my RSD pretty well until now. We dont know what to do next. We are just devastated. Our lives have been turned upside down. She is just 37 and we have five wonderful kids. Three of them are at home and r pretty active. I guess we are just looking for prayer and advice to make it through this. Sincerely krank

sabimax 11-03-2009 02:35 PM

Krank, hugs and prayers for your family. We have five kids also... but all at home and the youngest two are 4 and 2!! I am the mom age 40, and neurological sxs... nothing dxed though. But I struggle as a mom and working full time. Just saw your post wanted to say thinking of your family. She will do ok, just read all you can and take good care of each other! sarah

SandyRI 11-03-2009 04:47 PM

Dear Krank,

My twin sister has RA with lupas overlap - she was diagnosed about 11 years ago. She receives infusions of some special drug - Enbrel I think - on a monthly basis and takes a variety of oral meds as well. She does extremely well, her pain levels are very well controlled, much better than mine. Suzy has never taken opiods for her pain and has maintained a very active lifestyle. She and her husband stay well informed, live life to the fullest, and you would never know if you met her that anything is wrong with her!

I'm sorry that your wife is sick also. You guys have a lot on your plate. I am the oldest of 6 kids (5 now, 1 passed away) - my mom had 6 kids in 8 years. It was pretty crazy growing up with all those kids!!

I think many of the same rules that we talk about for ourselves on this board apply to your wife - make sure that you get the very best doctor that you can. Research the condition. And stay active.

Keep your chin up. I'm sorry that BOTH of you are sick. As we all get older we are all going to be finding out about more stuff that is wrong with us - hips, backs, necks, CA, etc. Life is never fair, that is one thing about which I am certain....please take care and don't get too dowon in the dumps, OK? We are all here for you.

XOXOX Sandy

tmullen 11-03-2009 05:32 PM

krank,
i will be praying for you. i am so sorry to hear this is happening to your family. God only gives people as much as you can handle. remember that. and keep praying.
hope your doing as good as possible,
taylor.

loretta 11-04-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krank (Post 585738)
Hi everyone. This is really hard to say. My wife just found out that she has rhuematoid arthritis. We were handling my RSD pretty well until now. We dont know what to do next. We are just devastated. Our lives have been turned upside down. She is just 37 and we have five wonderful kids. Three of them are at home and r pretty active. I guess we are just looking for prayer and advice to make it through this. Sincerely krank

Hi Krank, I am so very sorry of this devasting news. One of our best friends has rheumatoid arthritis about 3 years now. I know the medical community is making progress on meds for this condition. It is like RSD, one of the conditions that qualify for disability. With your children at home, you may qualify for help- I really don't know the rules. There is a RA site on neurotalk that will provide a lot of information on the disease.
Have you thought of attending a support group? If you go to RSDSA and put in your zip code, you'll get a phone number and name of the nearest RSD support group. Maybe RA has the same. I know they have support groups also. They can be very encouraging and informative.
Take care and you both are in my thoughts and prayers, Your friend, loretta and soft hugs:grouphug:

AintSoBad 11-04-2009 07:49 PM

Sorry for the ills, Krank.
Another thing that you should get is a free subscription to "Neurology Now" magazine.

just go to www.neurologynow.com and print out a subscription form...

and they'll send it bi-monthly.
It's informative.

Keep Prayin' and so will we!

Pete