NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   I'm back.....9 days after Thymectomy (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/107548-im-9-days-thymectomy.html)

JCPA 11-07-2009 10:43 PM

I'm back.....9 days after Thymectomy

Hi all
Well, it's been 9 days since my thymectomy....Today has really been the first really strong day for me to be able to type on the computer.

All is doing very well, thymus was normal, Everything went fine.....except right after my surgery when the epidural line was kinked up for a while.....whew....worse pain than having both of my babies without any epidural at that time!!!!!!:eek:

anyway, once they got it resolved it all was good.

I want to Praise my Lord and Savior for bringing me this far.

Hugs to all!!!!:grouphug:
Jujuan

AnnieB3 11-07-2009 10:53 PM

I'm glad you are doing well. I hope you continue to get better.

Annie

suev 11-08-2009 12:20 AM

Wonderful news! I glad the surgery went well and hope you continue to feel better with each passing day.

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing.

Sue

Nicknerd 11-08-2009 12:24 AM

Hey Jujuan,

I'm so glad to hear that your surgery went well and that your thymus was normal! I know what you mean about the pain- pretty bad- but I'm so glad that you're feeling well, and that your surgery was successful!

:hug:
Nicky

Joanmarie63 11-08-2009 01:11 PM

YEAH wonderful news, and I hope you continue to get stronger and stronger!

KathyV 11-08-2009 05:01 PM

Did you have a thymoma? Was your surgery done transsternal? I just met with a surgeon last week and my thymectomy is scheduled for mid January (I have a 4cm thymoma).

I'm so glad you are doing better.:hug:

rezmommy 11-08-2009 09:25 PM

Wonderful! Everything went well, just make sure you keep your pillow handy, especially for sneezing. Rest and take care of yourself. ~ Melanie

JCPA 11-08-2009 10:47 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement.

Kathy V - I didn't have a thymoma but my surgeon opted for the trans sternal procedure. I have a "t" incision about 5 inches down between my breastbone. Spent almost a week in the hospital in Atlanta.

JJ

KathyV 11-08-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCPA (Post 587602)
Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement.

Kathy V - I didn't have a thymoma but my surgeon opted for the trans sternal procedure. I have a "t" incision about 5 inches down between my breastbone. Spent almost a week in the hospital in Atlanta.

JJ

My cardio-thoracic surgeon is the director of the robotics program at one of the larger hospitals in Cincinnati. He has done many thymectomies that way and said the cutoff is 6cm for a thymoma. Barring any unforeseen problems, that is the way mine will be done.

redtail 11-09-2009 02:26 AM

hi
glad to hear things are going ok, and you are able to be back on the computer,
keep taking care of yourself
Kate