NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Television and pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/107645-television-pain.html)

mellowguy 11-09-2009 10:04 AM

Television and pain

well,, this goes hand in hand, The Bills were off this weekend. Funny how my pain level was manegable.(I flunked spelling) It was great not to get all worked up. But then, I saw the house vote on the health care bill. I doubled my meds. I had to have 2 bowls,,yes, 2 bowls of Capt. Crunch cereal (comfort food) to ease the agony. I had my tens unit on high also. I wonder if it would work better in I have the unit on while I'm in my hot tub. Maybe not. I think there is something in the cereal that gives me those ideas. Maybe I should switch to frosted flakes.. just a thought.

SandyS 11-09-2009 02:26 PM

You think you get worked up over football, I live in TAMPA! Captain Crunch is great comfort food, and no Tens in the hot tub...Keep up the humor, it is great for pain levels... :)
Sandy

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellowguy (Post 587766)
well,, this goes hand in hand, The Bills were off this weekend. Funny how my pain level was manegable.(I flunked spelling) It was great not to get all worked up. But then, I saw the house vote on the health care bill. I doubled my meds. I had to have 2 bowls,,yes, 2 bowls of Capt. Crunch cereal (comfort food) to ease the agony. I had my tens unit on high also. I wonder if it would work better in I have the unit on while I'm in my hot tub. Maybe not. I think there is something in the cereal that gives me those ideas. Maybe I should switch to frosted flakes.. just a thought.

mellowguy 11-09-2009 05:19 PM

humor is all I have left these days..can't take that away

krank 11-10-2009 05:15 PM

GO Vikes!!!??!!! Farve is gonna lead us to the promise land. 7-1 sure takes the edge off. Along with a bye week.

Kakimbo 11-10-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellowguy (Post 587766)

HaHa mellowguy! I dropped one of my TENS pads into the toilet recently and thought I would electrocute myself! I just had to comment. No, I would not recommend wearing it while in the hottub! Not unless you want a free perm!

SandyS 11-10-2009 06:04 PM

TMI, Kim TMI!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim ames (Post 588319)
HaHa mellowguy! I dropped one of my TENS pads into the toilet recently and thought I would electrocute myself! I just had to comment. No, I would not recommend wearing it while in the hottub! Not unless you want a free perm!

RachelSkates 11-11-2009 08:26 PM

I find that TV can be great or maddening.

I like comedy. Good mood.:)

bassman 11-12-2009 09:35 AM

When I really, really hurt, sometimes it is even too much effort to read. So the best thing is what I call "vegetable" TV. Stupid, mindless sitcoms that I can just stare at and (maybe) get a chuckle or a smile.

Watching the Packers is very painful this year. :)