NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Urgent Prayer Request (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/10785-urgent-prayer-request.html)

Chemar 01-10-2007 06:39 AM

Urgent Prayer Request

One of our new kittens had an apparent adverse reaction to vaccination and spent last night in the emergency centre of our animal hospital after suffering seizures.

He was stabilised and I am leaving now to collect him and take him to our vet

Please pray for Moonshadow...espcially that this will be something that will resolve, and also for my son who got the kittens after his faithful dog died in late november

Our whole family needs prayer..........Moonshadow aka Shadow is deeply loved and we are all in a bit of shock over this....initial test results show nothing wrong so this reaction is puzzling the docs!

thanks
Cheri

heyjude5050 01-10-2007 07:20 AM

Cheri,
You know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I pray that Shadow will recover fully. My heart aches for you. Please keep us posted and know that I am with you in thought on every step of your journey.
Great big hugs, prayers and positive thinking for you and your entire family.
Judy

sadeyesr4ever 01-10-2007 07:46 AM

Definately keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers that your kitty will be ok. (((hugs)))

Julie 01-10-2007 08:19 AM

Prayers going up in Shadow's names. Big hugs for you and your family.

Chemar 01-10-2007 08:37 AM

we picked him up from the emergency hospital and he is currently with my husband at our local vet....waiting for the doc to arrive.
I came home (10min away) to bring my son back and let him be with the other kitten to help calm him... understandably, his Tourette tics have flared over the stress of all this

the emergency room was able to stabilise Shadow and he had no further seizures thru the night and is calm this morning (effects of the valium)
but

they think he may be blinded as a result as he isnt responding to sight tests...all other cognitive stuff seems ok:( :( :(

I just pray he lives, and nomatter what we have to deal with, we will manage.....please pray the doc will get some clear results from EEG etc today, as the blood tests and other tests last night all came up clear so they really dont understand why this has happened. Whether reaction to the vaccination or anaesthetic during the neutering...or trauma reaction or some pre-existant neuro issue that got triggered by all of the above......:Sigh:

thanks for praying :o

Burntmarshmallow 01-10-2007 08:46 AM

Chemar, HUGS TO YOU!!!
I pray for shadow to live a long happy life !Pray that shadow come home with your family soon. I pray the vet doc gets clear answers and that even if shadow may seem "blind" that is a temporary issues. I pray for you and your family to get a happy ending to this. many blessings Chemar. You,shadow and your family will be in my prayers .
Peace and Love
Burntmarshmallow

jccgf 01-10-2007 09:42 AM

I am so sorry to hear this, Cheri. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family~

Cara

kimmydawn 01-10-2007 09:43 AM

((((((((( chemar, son and entire family ))))))))))

Chemar, I can only imagine how hard this is on you and your son after such a recent loss and this beloved kitten was part of a healing for a great loss.

I pray this kitten pulls through to continue your son's, and entire family's, healing.

We're all here for you and care for you very much. Please remember to take care of you in this as you can, OK?

KD

SallysMom 01-10-2007 10:45 AM

(((Cheri)))

I am praying now for you, your kitty and for your son. I know this is very hard on all of you. If God cares about sparrows, and he does he surely will take care of your precious kitty.

Love in Christ,
Judy

KathyM 01-10-2007 11:01 AM

How tragic for you and your son to go through such a scare so soon after losing your dog.

You have my prayers as well.