NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Sunshine (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/108626-sunshine.html)

DesertFlower 11-21-2009 05:25 PM

Sunshine

I have been thinking about sunshine and its positive effects and our immune system.

I have noticed that I have more energy if I spend a short time (15 to 30 minutes) every day in the sunshine. Sunshine seems to minimize my MG symptoms that I still have even with Mestinon.

I have been researching this and have found that there are definite reasons to get a little sunshine every day. Mostly the vitamin D our body creates from sunshine, but also there is a positive effect on our immune systems.

Does anyone else notice a positive from sunshine? or a negative one?

I am curious.

dog lover 11-21-2009 06:59 PM

sunshine

DesertFlower,
YES I definitely notice I feel better on days I get some sunshine. I have always been a huge sun worshiper. I just enjoy sitting out and soaking it up. I had a malignant melanoma 5 years ago and have to make sure I wear sunscreen now if I will be out more than 30 minutes but still enjoy it when we have a nice sunny day.:cool:
Kendra

jana 11-21-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertFlower (Post 592087)
I have been thinking about sunshine and its positive effects and our immune system.

I have noticed that I have more energy if I spend a short time (15 to 30 minutes) every day in the sunshine. Sunshine seems to minimize my MG symptoms that I still have even with Mestinon.

I have been researching this and have found that there are definite reasons to get a little sunshine every day. Mostly the vitamin D our body creates from sunshine, but also there is a positive effect on our immune systems.

Does anyone else notice a positive from sunshine? or a negative one?

I am curious.

DF, we are TOTALLY on the same page!! Sunshine makes a HUGE difference in how I feel -- a POSITVE effect. My computer is in a room with a Southern exposure -- three HUGE windows -- so, even if I am not outside, I feel like I am getting the "light". I am, in a way, addicted to sunshine. If I go for more than a couple of days without, I start feeling "withdrawal"!!

Fortunately, I am far enough South that I CAN get enough sun during the winter to make a difference in my Vitamin D levels. I have a sheltered area -- the walls of my house protecting me on the North and East. I have an outdoor lounge chair backed up next to the brick walls where I bask in the afternoons.

PMCPMC 11-21-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jana (Post 592105)
DF, we are TOTALLY on the same page!! Sunshine makes a HUGE difference in how I feel -- a POSITVE effect. My computer is in a room with a Southern exposure -- three HUGE windows -- so, even if I am not outside, I feel like I am getting the "light". I am, in a way, addicted to sunshine. If I go for more than a couple of days without, I start feeling "withdrawal"!!

Fortunately, I am far enough South that I CAN get enough sun during the winter to make a difference in my Vitamin D levels. I have a sheltered area -- the walls of my house protecting me on the North and East. I have an outdoor lounge chair backed up next to the brick walls where I bask in the afternoons.

Unfortuately we omly get Irish Mist in winter ,no snow no sunshine