NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   What's On Your Thanksgiving Menu? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/108953-whats-thanksgiving-menu.html)

Kitty 11-24-2009 02:37 PM

What's On Your Thanksgiving Menu?

What's everyone serving (or eating) for Thanksgiving Dinner? Doesn't matter if you're actually cooking the meal or not.

I'm having ham, green bean casserole, baked corn, macaroni and cheese, rolls, fruit salad and cheesecake.

Next.........

Bets 11-24-2009 02:57 PM

The number of sides dishes is being hotly debated here. Apparently I don't have enough sides or the little side accessories (pickles, olives, etc.) that is expected. I'm doing a couple hors d'euvres (sp???) so that should count for something.

I'm doing: brined bird, cornbread dressing, buttermilk mashed taters, green beans with preserved lemons, cranberries, bread. Most importantly an apple-cherry galette, and an awesomely easy but fancy looking pumpkin pie.

Twinkletoes 11-24-2009 03:03 PM

My daughter's husband is fixing barbequed marinated turkey steaks!

We love them around these parts (lots of turkey growers in Utah), but I've never had them for Thanksgiving!

Yeast hates me, but I'm going to TRY and make homemade dinner rolls again. They turned out okay last year, but NEVER as good as my MIL's! She's gone and I can't ask what her secrets were!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :)

Alffe 11-24-2009 03:20 PM

Ham, mashed potatos, dressing, greenbean casserole, cranberry relish, rolls and sister bringing buttermilk pie!

Debbie D 11-24-2009 06:16 PM

Boy I'm glad I read this thread...forgot to get the cranberries made...
Anyway, turkey, dressing, white potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, gravy, broccoli, corn, jello (a custom in our family-black cherry jello with dark sweet cherries), dinner rolls, cranberries, applesause, and wine (and sparkling grape juice for the non-inbibers).
Dessert-Christmas cookies (we're celebrating both at Thanksgiving this year), cheesecake and mincemeat pie.

Then Friday, when we celebrate after putting up the tree and decorations and open gifts, we'll have salad and Fondue Italiano, brownies and peppermint ice cream.

Then I will lie down and never move again...'cause I won't be able to lift my fat body off the couch...;)

ewizabeth 11-24-2009 07:48 PM

I got a 19.5 lb turkey at Shnuck's for the four of us. :o So we're having that, with mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy and probably salad or something with it too.

I have a new recipe for a guacamole/salsa that we had on Saturday at my sister's house for early Thanksgiving and I'm making us a smaller batch of that.

I'll probably get a bottle of champagne too (cause I like it). ;)

I'm hoping everything will be settled down so we can enjoy the day, what with my niece being sick, having a new kitten and me going crazy with the job search. :tongue: