NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Prolonged Post-Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/109019-prolonged-post-concussion-syndrome.html)

Ravage 11-25-2009 05:04 AM

Prolonged Post-Concussion Syndrome

Hello, my name is Amanda, I recently found the info on PPCS, and it explained so much.

8 years ago, I was hit by a truck, and had a head injury. Shortly after that I started getting horrible migraines, and with no explaination. Then I started failing in school, after being an A-B honor roll student.

Well 5 years after that they finally did Neurological testing, and found that, I have problems learning things, short term memory loss, and no build up to anger.

I had to learn how to learn all over again. I can't remember half the movies I've ever watched, but I can remember if I like them or not.

Well any questions I'll be happy to answer, or shat with others like me.

(Broken Wings) 11-25-2009 07:24 AM

Welcome

This is a great place to be when you need support or help trying to figure things out.

There's lots of people here to share your adventures with.

Look forward to seeing you around...

ewizabeth 11-25-2009 10:23 AM

Welcome to NeuroTalk Amanda! :) I'm glad you found us! :hug:

megatrends 11-28-2009 01:52 PM

Welcome! I have NO experience with your issues BUT there are people here who have that experieince i am sure.

I am also new here and trust me on this ... you will learn more here about your issues than anywhere else online.

Good luck to you honestly and I hope you find what you need here.

Hockey 11-28-2009 06:01 PM

While there are many common threads, brain injury can sure be different from person to person.

For example, while I need prompting, I'm pretty good with the things I knew before I was hurt. I could probably tell you the plot the last movie I saw before the crash. However, I can't learn anything new and to read a book, I have to keep a little journal with character names, etc... so that I don't forget from page to page. :Dunno:

Everything is different now - even food doesn't taste the same. Somedays I feel like I woke up in an experiment where the aliens didn't get things quite right in their earth simulator. :BeamUp: Then I remember, I'm the only thing that changed. :Ponder: Yeah, it makes me sad - but I guess it beats being probed by little green men.;)

Cheers

(Broken Wings) 11-28-2009 06:19 PM

Everything is different now - even food doesn't taste the same. Somedays I feel like I woke up in an experiment where the aliens didn't get things quite right in their earth simulator. :BeamUp: Then I remember, I'm the only thing that changed. :Ponder: Yeah, it makes me sad - but I guess it beats being probed by little green men.;)

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Good one :D:D:D

(Broken Wings) 11-28-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey (Post 594635)

Cheers

Good one :D:D:D