NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Food Court (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/)
-   -   HELP! Ruined pie crust dough! (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/109077-help-ruined-pie-crust-dough.html)

Riverwild 11-25-2009 11:17 PM

HELP! Ruined pie crust dough!

I threw my flour and shortening/butter in the food processor and got it to the crumble stage. Then I had to use th bathroom and when I came back, he who may not live through the night had turned it on and "beat it so it was blended"

I hadn't put in water or salt or anything yet and I have what looks like gray cake mix.

I have no more fats to make more crust and I want to know if I can rescue it. I tossed more flour into it and turrned it out and made a big old ball of dough that just holds together and shoved it in the fridge.

It was enough dough ingredients for 6 crusts...:mad:

Any possibility that once it cools I can continue on and add water, sugar, salt, etc. and rescue it or should I just drive the 50 mile round trip in the a.m. and buy some ready to bakes?:Sob:

Taffy 11-26-2009 12:42 AM

Oh....Is he still with us?

I don't know. I only make two crusts at a time. Dang....If you get it fixed...I think someone is getting no pie!

ewizabeth 11-26-2009 02:44 AM

I've ruined recipes before RW but when I make pie crust, I go by the book. :Dunno:

I'm just gonna duck before the crumbs start to fly. :hug: :icon_eek:

Riverwild 11-26-2009 03:05 AM

I gave up a long time ago. The last pie is in the oven. I managed to piece them together by chilling the dough and just pressing it into the pie pans, no sugar, no salt, no egg, no nuffin.

I ate a crumb of it when the pumpkin pie came out of the oven and it sucks...but that's ok...cause I forgot to put the sugar in the pumpkin puree too...LMFAO!

I do have an excuse. I should know better than to try to bake with only two hours sleep in two days. I do believe the grocery store is open in the morning and I will be there buying Mrs. Smith's pies when they open.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm going to bed! It's been a very long day.

(P.S. He is still alive, despite the fact that the pie dough got ruined and even worse, he dented my Lincoln today...:( )

ewizabeth 11-26-2009 12:01 PM

Aw, but he loves you dear RW. :hug:Don't worry about the pies. Mrs. Smith didn't get her name on that package for nothing. They'll be delicious. Try to get some rest. :hug: :hug:

SallyC 11-26-2009 04:03 PM

I sorry River. In the old days, they would have had to take me away in a straight jacket, screaming and foaming at the mouth.:eek: :D

Your attitude is great, under the circumstances!! :hug: :hug:

DM 11-26-2009 05:37 PM

This is too late to help w/your crust dilemna, RW~ but just wanted to let you know that I don't even attempt pie crust anymore. Mrs Smith and Sara Lee have bailed my tail out many a time. Oh, and the bakery pies can even pass for my own.

I always relied on my Gram's or my Mom to bake the pies, so now I'm on my own. I give Kudo's to anyone who can make great pie crusts. DM is not one of them.

Hope your day was a good one anyway and I say "let the ole man live to see another T'giving". (grin)

Riverwild 11-27-2009 11:56 AM

Thanks for all the responses!
I knew I could count on you to cheer me up! :grouphug:

The pies came out ok, the crust was a lot like shortbread! :p
Regardless of whether they were up to my standards, they were eaten.

We had a lovely dinner and I got a lot of sleep last night!

Now, about the Lincoln...interesting story there but this is the FOOD COURT! :D